Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iwas just wondering how many Kilometers you guys drove your bike (ZX6R Ninja/07 before you took the revs all the way..And if you have had any problemswith the bike :dowhat

·
Registered
80 Posts
Bought my bike used with 258 miles on it. Started railing on it and not worrying about the break-in revs at 270 miles cause it was driving me crazy trying to stick to that stupid schedule. Haven't had a single issue with the bike yet. Right around 13,500 miles on it now too. Regular oil and filter changes, way ahead of the factory schedule and the bike will be fine. I did mine at 300, 600 & 1200 for the "break-in" and then every 3000 miles since then. Always changed the oil AND filter each time too.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I never really bothered with the break in. First day I rode it, it was pouring rain so I did keep it under the break in limit. After that, erm. I'm sure glad I never took up smoking because I don't have much self control. Bike has 25000k and I'm, yet to have a problem. There has been much discussion (Read: Heated) in the past about which method is better but it's all up to you. It's your bike. There are proven results with both methods that indicate they are both fine to use with no serious detrimental health to the bike in the long run. I personally wouldn't suggest redlining it down the road straight out of the dealership but still give her some. That's what these engines are made for.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I rode it nice for about 20 miles. Then did the hard breakin. Runnin awesome has 760 miles on it now.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I like to think of it in a sexual relationship stand point......

If ya hit hard on the first date that might make for a quick thrill relationship that usualy wont last long

But if ya take it slow and the let the relationship develop into the hot & heavy then your chances of a long term relationship chances stand up better.

From what I've seen and heard, 1000 miles is typical break in period be4 ya bang it out, I'm sure thats arguable. It's your bike you do what ya feel is necessary.

I get bored quikly tho and I have absolutely no sense so I hit it hard every which way the first time i jumpd saddle!

·
Registered
503 Posts
i guess i'm in it for the long term relationship then.......

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I bought mine with 1k miles on it, though the po had already been drag racing it a bit so it more or less got the mototune approach I think. 60k miles on it now and no problems:thumbup

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a simple philosophy here.......SHE'LL GO OR SHE'LL BLOW...LOL

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm a big fan of MotoMan's brake-in method, so I revved it al the way the first day.
Desirable, but only and ONLY if the engine has reached the working temperature, if not, only 1/3 of the max rp/m.

Simple as that.

The sooner you do about million revs, the sooner the piston rings fit and then you change the oil ASAP.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the reply..I drove about 600Km on it and never went over 8000 rpm so it should be well driven nicely,over average in comparesin to all the other replies...
But that isan AWESOME Dog.absolutely amazing.Itried to get one in to the Faroes,but they are illegal here **** ):

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah, I picked up my ninja about a month ago, tried desperatley to keep below 8000rpm but that lasted about 20 mins, then the front wheel was up. The bike loves it!

·
Registered
450 Posts
The bikes I broke in on the race track(read:50mi under redline--->change oil/filter--->then beat the living shit out of it thereafter) have always run the best and the longest.

Just sayin'...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts