Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we had my bike on the dyno...and it makes the best power between 170-80 deg. after 190 it actually drops off about 3 hp. my bike heats up pretty quick and am thinking of running a manual fan switch, i think it turns on at like 210. i already have a muzzy aluminum fan although i dunno if that helps.:coocoo

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
What Josh said. My bike seems to run best when it's overheated actually. She's all soft like putty.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i got a 05 and i was wondering how hot does the can (Undertail) get with a stock or aftermarket?

I'm trying to do something different with customizing my bike. I want get my entire exhuast can candy chrome. i just need to know how hot it will get first. thnx all

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
when i sit at lights its goes up to about 212F.. when i ride around like 45-50mph then its usually at 185F

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Bigbike-r has the same avatar as you Johnny. Thought I recognized it...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an 06' and it sits on 170 to 180 on the freeway and the second I get off the freeway and stop it shoots to 200 then wonders around 180 to 190 and 200 depending on traffic. mostly 190 id say. Seems kinda hot but they put the fan to kick on at 212 so I guess it's ok.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My 03 636 runs around 185-200 F unless I stop in hot weather and it spikes to 212-220 F Fan kicks on over 212 F ish.

Two weeks ago at New Hampshire Bike Week sitting in "Sop-N-Go" raffic it got to a steady 220 F I turned the bike off and coasted whenever I got to a hill.

·
Registered
10 Posts
ok cool. i was told from the chroming place Atlaschrome.com

that the chrome will start to tarnish at or around 350F. I want to get the muzzy polished slip on exhuast dipped in gold chrome. I gotta stay with the balck & gold color scheme!

·
Registered
109 Posts
MY '07 runs at up past 225-230 here in the hot 115 degree AZ sun - and I'm running Water Wetter to try and help keep things cool...

we had my bike on the dyno...and it makes the best power between 170-80 deg. after 190 it actually drops off about 3 hp. my bike heats up pretty quick and am thinking of running a manual fan switch, i think it turns on at like 210. i already have a muzzy aluminum fan although i dunno if that helps.:coocoo

·
Registered
165 Posts
i got an 03 636 and highway its bout 165-175 and in town heavy traffic and stop lights 200-220 then fan kicks on

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
i noticed when i had my bike dyno tuned that i would lose power when the temp was under 170, i guess its a kawi thing, what mods do u have done to your bike, all things will vary if your bike is runnin hot

·
Registered
72 Posts
It'll get hotter initially if you turn it off because the water-pump stops and the water circulation stops. Cooler water from the radiator with not get to the engine. Better to leave it on if you're still travelling.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts