Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The question is, exactly how full to you fill your tank when you fill it up? Take a picture to show how full it is and post it up here.

We've had TONS of repeated threads about gas milage and range on our bikes, but none that I've seen (or could find searching) about how full people fill their tanks. So let's see it!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Don't have pics, but I fill mine up to the silver slot where I put the nozzle. All I know is I shake the shit out of it before I put it back. Don't want any paint getting on my precious.

·
Registered
495 Posts
You fill it to the metal filter bar. I thought everybody knew that lol. Fill it until it hits that spot then stop.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
The question is, exactly how full to you fill your tank when you fill it up? Take a picture to show how full it is and post it up here.

We've had TONS of repeated threads about gas milage and range on our bikes, but none that I've seen (or could find searching) about how full people fill their tanks. So let's see it!
I'll take a pic later but I hold the bike upright and fill to the highest point I can without gas coming into the neck.

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You fill it to the metal filter bar. I thought everybody knew that lol. Fill it until it hits that spot then stop.
I wasn't actually asking how full I SHOULD fill it, but rather, how full you personally do fill it. I've seen people literally fill until it overflows a bit...so I'm wondering what the typical strategy is :O

·
Registered
118 Posts
I fill it to the top, then let it heat up, it then makes a noise, so I open the cap for the excess to overspill all over the place... then I'm scared to start the bike up.....

·
Registered
495 Posts
I wasn't actually asking how full I SHOULD fill it, but rather, how full you personally do fill it. I've seen people literally fill until it overflows a bit...so I'm wondering what the typical strategy is :O
As in, out of the top of the spout? So it runs down the gas tank?

Who helps those people tie their shoes in the morning?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Uhh.... as much as I can without overfilling it....

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
We're going to have a lot of cell phone miss haps at the pumps LoL !

Watch that static surge when taking that picture in front of your bike at the pump ... Maybe move away from the pumps before snapping a shot lol

·
Registered
827 Posts
We're going to have a lot of cell phone miss haps at the pumps LoL !

Watch that static surge when taking that picture in front of your bike at the pump ...
:eek: KABOOM :doh:

:whocares:

:sucks

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
This could be top 5 dumbest threads ever...

·
Registered
257 Posts
I commute 140ish miles round trip, and certainly do not ride with fuel mileage in mind, so I need every drop. I fill till I almost spill out over the metal neck, while still on the bike holding it upright.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts