Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helped set-up and run a trackday on my base at RAF Wittering yesterday which gave me the first proper chance to REALLY open my B1H up fully.
My god does she fly. Hit 162mph, still in 5th with a few more revs to go before limiter before some HEAVY braking for a damp and greasy chicane.
My last ZX6R was a '99 G2 Model and i thought that was pretty quick, so did a few others around me. Even got a mention in MCN once, who came to our trackday, saying how his GXR6 was blown away by super quick ZX6's. Cool. Up the NINJA's!:hail
Well, my G2 was starting to lose it's acceleration rate above 135-140mph and the last 20mph or so was a gradual build of speed.
My B1H is just mental in comparison! Abslolutely no sign of acceleration let up all the way thru to 160. Still howling and hurling itself towards the horizon with more gears to go. AWESOME! :laugh
Passed a couple of suprised GSXR750 owners on the straight, which was nice.
Never been one for out and out straight line speed, more of a late braker and corner speed guy. BUT this is addictive!:rotfl

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know exactly what you're saying! It makes my last bike, which was by no means slow seem so civilised in comparison! My ZX6 isn't hard to handle but it's so balistic at high revs I love it :) Was that track day just for RAF staff? Wish i'd joined now! lol

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
No mate, not just for RAF staff. You can be sponsored or invited by one of us!
6x 25 minute sessions on a VERY FAST TRACK, in either the novice or fast group for only £50!!!!!! Burger van there too.
Next one is on 08 september.
We do charity moped races too, open to ANYONE. Next one on 04 August.

·
Registered
390 Posts
No mate, not just for RAF staff. You can be sponsored or invited by one of us!
6x 25 minute sessions on a VERY FAST TRACK, in either the novice or fast group for only £50!!!!!! Burger van there too.
Next one is on 08 september.
We do charity moped races too, open to ANYONE. Next one on 04 August.
Have you got some pic.. mate ??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts