Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 ZX6R. I need to change my oil and filter. I am over 700 miles already.

I've got all the screws out already and 2 push type connectors also. I've got it all loose except right above the turn signal there are some push type connectors under the front below the headlight. I can't tell if those are holding it. The push connectors with the big flat head on them are no problem, the ones I am looking at are the pin type that look like a rivet. :coocoo

This is to change the filter and also just to see what makes it tick under there. I'd like to possibly add some steel braiding to some of the hoses to make it look sweet! :devious

Anyway, I don't have any problem doing my own work, I just don't want to accidently break something on a brand new bike. :banghead

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
For the pin type, just press on the pin, it should pop in, then you can pull the lot out.

Before reinserting them, pull the pin out a bit, then when you have the outer in position, just push the pin to the flush position again.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think Kawasaki figured since your bike would spend of its time in the shop you wouldn't have it long enough between repairs to change the oil yourself.

·
Registered
99 Posts
you don't need to take the fairing off to take the filter off. just use a channel lock pliers for the factory filter then just use knn filters from then on. don't break stuff if you don't need to.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think Kawasaki figured since your bike would spend of its time in the shop you wouldn't have it long enough between repairs to change the oil yourself.
Quit bitching in every thread about a problem you don't even have. It seems like you're here just to troll around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts