Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have troubles with my bike. It’s an 2005 zx6-r 636c
It has bern throught a litt le bit of work after standing still for about to months.

is to months enought to make fiel bad in bad conditions, or is is probebly a fault in the fuel intake?

first after fixing the problem I started the bike for a sec or two.

but then i completed the fairings, and everything. But when i tried to start the bike it didn’t want to.

i tried start-gas and it started for a little while, so I guess it’s a problem in inte fiel inkeke or maybee bad fuel?

any ideas?

but how do you best search for issues envolving the fuel injection and or fuel?

·
Registered
15,977 Posts
If it started with spraying starter fluid in the intake, it sounds like it is almost certainly fuel delivery as the issue. The most common fault is a clogged filter on the fuel pump. That is hopefully what has happened to you; the further through the system dirty gas gets, the more expensive the fix becomes.

I would recommend taking the gas tank off the bike and removing the pump to inspect. You could instead check the flow from the pump without removing it from the tank by applying power and noting the volume of fuel it will deliver.... that may be in the shop manual for your bike, but there are many on the forum who can tell you how far the fuel should spray and how much of a container it should fill in a specific period of time.

Don't start buying parts until you know what you actually need.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I have tried this snd the fuelpump seems fine and the pressure is at least there. But can it be condensated fuel that is the problem, or is it maybee something electrical with the injectors that can be in question?

·
Registered
128 Posts
You can remove the injectors and use a device that sprays cleaner through the injector while turning it on, this will confirm if an injector has a fine spray or is clogged and making it less atomized. Can also confirm that they are opening or are dead. The fuel pump has a regulator attached to the module, and the pumps do fail and get weak. I did a full fuel system tune up over winter on my track bike, doing filter, pump, injector cleaning, and I have much improved acceleration on the bike this year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts