Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

Hotbodies....SMH

3K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  RRnold 
#1 ·
I don't know about their fairings, so I can't comment on them. However, I am about sick of the increasingly more shitty accessories they release. It would surprise me if they could find anymore ways to cut corners and save on production costs. One of the examples of this that really piss me off, is how any mounting brackets you get they will use some flimsy ass plastic in leu of metal. While I understand business and the pursuit of increasing profit margins, this junk that they are putting out is not worth a quarter of what they are charging...which coincidentally is probably double what it is costing them to produce this trash. Needless to say, I think I am done with their products, unless they start selling things at half of what they do now. At least then you could chalk it up to, "you get what you pay for"...but I can assure you that you aren't getting that right now. Just thought you would like to know...ok I'm done now. :rant

P.S....FUCKIN JUNK!:rant

OK, now I'm done :bigthumb:

#3 ·
Yeah Hotbodies products are straight junk. Everything they make is, haven't heard of anything worth the price. I'd have to get something for relatively free from them to even consider it.

#6 · (Edited)
i agree! I have a fender eliminator from them that I immediately put back in the packaging after opening it up. A guy at STG's website said he recommended Hotbodies FE kit over Competition werkes so I bought it. I was Super disappointed and called back asking why someone would suggest such a crap product. This reminds me that I need to send it back!

#10 ·
I bought a set for my '05 RR back in the days and they were complete garbage. I figured I'd give some support to the local guys here in San Diego and I couldn't believe how bad they were . I had Sharkskinz on my '01 R1 so side by side, it was really bad. I was able to return it for a full refund and went with Attack instead.

-Very stiff w/hardly any flex
-The finish had pits and wasn't smooth at all
-Very difficult to fit since it didn't flex and brittle
-Holes didn't match up at all.

I'm thinking about buying a '13 636 and Armour is going to be my choice.

#11 ·
-Very stiff w/hardly any flex
-The finish had pits and wasn't smooth at all
-Very difficult to fit since it didn't flex and brittle
-Holes didn't match up at all.
the one that i got for my 2013 flexes fine. the finish isn't really that smooth, it would probably need another coat of primer if i wanted to paint it, but I'm just throwing stickers on from various forums and products i've used on the bike.

I found the fit to be extremely easy, everything lined up exactly under the middle of the guide hole. i guess everyone's mileage varies, but i've been extremely satisfied with the hotbodies on my 2013.

Reactions: CS23
#14 ·
#15 ·
I just mounted the hotbodies bodywork on, turned out pretty good, there were a few things that had to be adjusted. I had to cut out a spot for the Graves exhaust to fit in there properly and on the upper front of the fairing there weren't any dimples to drill through for the upper fairing stay so I had to blindly drill those holes but other than that, flexibility was good and the fitment was good. After the stock stuff came off I drilled it and mounted it within maybe 30 minutes.

#18 ·
As do I. I've had mine on for probably 12,000 miles or so. The carbon fiber is holding up great (albeit a bit dull because I didn't take care of it properly), the rivets are all solid, and I still love the sound. I think it's the best exhaust for the money on the market. I painted the link pipe and the outlet hi-temp black.

Looks pretty good.

#24 ·
The Hotbodies bodywork has come a long way over the last few years but Armor Bodies and SharkSkinz is the best. I cannot comment much on the HotBodies accessories, most is decent but sometimes you get what you pay for; there is a reason its usually the cheapest. Some of the issues could be manufacturing defects on the item received, not the whole lot of parts, etc.

#25 ·
Hey Aubrey, I was just going to shoot Brian an email about what he though about the HB colorform bodywork. Do you have any feedback on that?

Looks like a good idea but given the hit or miss on their bodywork, I'm still a bit skeptical and somewhat sold on Armour once they make the '13/14 version.

#29 ·
the colorform is significantly more expensive. all i've seen from hotbodies in colorform is the kawi green. so if you're going to paint the primed bodywork green anyway, you might save money with the colorform set.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.