Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone used/installed the Hotbodies colorform race fairing kit? And can comment on their experience with it...

I'm new to track days (done only two so far) and I got all my OEM fairings off the bike and I'm thinking the best way to get out there for upcoming track days would be to buy and install Hotbodies colorform race fairings. For $599 I'll have lime green colored fairings (matches my tank), and will just need to drill and mount with dzus fasteners, and add decals. I think this is a much cheaper and simpler option than buying a better more expensive kit (armour bodies, sharkskinz) and having it painted. Since I am new to track days I think this should be enough for now. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I’ve used all 3 brands. My experience:

1. Sharkskinz are the best, fit/finish/pre installed dzus/mount right up no problem/crash well
2. Armor bodies, a close second
3. Hot bodies, a distant third place. Plan to spend some time (hours) getting them to mount up. My sbk tail seems like it was made for an entirely different bike. I’ve had 3 sets of HB’s and none of them have been easy to fit to my R6. Can’t argue with the price, especially when they do their 2 for 1 deals.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve been running HB Colorform racing plastics and haven’t had any issues. In my experience with a 2009 ZX6R the fitment wasn’t bad and it has withstood a couple low sides quite well.
Much like you, I thought it would be much cheaper to go with this option and slap some decals vs. getting other plastics and having them custom painted for $$$$$$$.
Having said that, the finish isn’t perfect but in my opinion, good enough for a track bike.
If money is no object, then go with the above mentioned brands.
Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts