Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i know some of you wont like it but i previously had the stock muffler drilled out and had removed my cat and welded a straight pipe in place. when i did that i lost out on some noticeable midrange power which i expected. so for the heck of it i decided to remove the muffler and use a dual tip and custom bend my own connecting pipe. i did it today and im more than happy with the result. it fits well under the tail, and def has more power than the prev combination i was using. including in the mid range. i have tuned it with a full system map on my juicebox and it is running great. it is quite loud but to gain back the power i lost its not an issue for me. just figured id let ppl see some of the other options since slip ons for our 07 08 bikes are like 350$ and up which i find insane for a piece of tube with some fiberglass in it. ive also got the jumper mod and tre mod on this bike and few other things ive done. id like to dyno it to get a true number but im sure its well over the stock rating

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Looks cool, but what does it sound like? If it sounds as good as it looks, you need to start production and make some bank :D

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
well i know some of you wont like it but i previously had the stock muffler drilled out and had removed my cat and welded a straight pipe in place. when i did that i lost out on some noticeable midrange power which i expected. so for the heck of it i decided to remove the muffler and use a dual tip and custom bend my own connecting pipe. i did it today and im more than happy with the result. it fits well under the tail, and def has more power than the prev combination i was using. including in the mid range. i have tuned it with a full system map on my juicebox and it is running great. it is quite loud but to gain back the power i lost its not an issue for me. just figured id let ppl see some of the other options since slip ons for our 07 08 bikes are like 350$ and up which i find insane for a piece of tube with some fiberglass in it. ive also got the jumper mod and tre mod on this bike and few other things ive done. id like to dyno it to get a true number but im sure its well over the stock rating
I think it looks great.Great work. Sound clip please? I also think you should do something about that rear tire. That is the ugliest tire I have ever seen on a motorcycle. :laugh

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its a good tire for riding through my grass every day lol.. once it wears out im going with a set of nankang rodiacs.. i had them on my gsxr and really like them. good sport touring tire since my daily commute is mostly highway.. wont wear out as fast and i dont think a soundclip would work its too loud. most likely distort the sound

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I think it looks pretty good too and like everybody else would like to hear a clip of it. If it's really that loud, just get a camera that can zoom and set it farther away zoomed in, works much better than actually filming it that close up and distorting the sound

·
Registered
12,964 Posts
Looks good but I think it wouldve looked a lot better if you tapered the tips a little bit so it doesnt look like a straight cut.

·
Registered
296 Posts
it's very loud. it sounds better than those moto gp straight tips that alot of guys run but it's not something most ppl would wanna hear on a daily basis.I work at a shop though so I can do what the customer wants lol.
Think you can do a wheelie bar??

1 - 20 of 22 Posts