Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a trip to Hot Springs this weekend...check out what happened.

I left Atlanta on a full tank, traveled several interstates and then lots of back road twisty mountain roads. I didnt have to switch into reserve tank until I hit 207 miles. I filled up at 230 miles not wanting to push it. When I filled up it only took 3.7 gallons which means I had another gallon still in the tank which puts my total milage on that tank at over 270 miles on 4.8 gallons of gas!!!

On the way home, it wasnt quite as good, but I ran a lot faster. Filled up in Hot Springs, got to Atlanta and switched into reserve at 197. Havent topped off yet so I dont know whats left.

But damnit thats better gas milage than i got on my 2008 250R!!!

Ok, so aside from the gas milage, on the way to the cabin, there was a stretch of road about 4 miles long. straight as an arrow and desolate. The first time i hit it i just took note to see what all i needed to watch for. second pass, redlined every gear except 6th. speedometer read 150 which was probably a little more than I was actually moving. 3rd and 4th passes i registered over 160 on the speedometer and still had about 3k left on the tack...

fuckin great ridin!!!!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Nice bit of straight road to open her up eh! whats one of them??? slightest bit of straight road over here and they plonk 200 speed cameras on it,to stop you creeping 1mph over the limit.... sounded great though matey :thumbup

·
Registered
170 Posts
Nice bit of straight road to open her up eh! whats one of them??? slightest bit of straight road over here and they plonk 200 speed cameras on it,to stop you creeping 1mph over the limit.... sounded great though matey :thumbup
+ a lot.
The government here are total cahnts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts