Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

High Km 05 ZX6R worth the deal?

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Duc995 
#1 ·
Hey guys new to this forum, really looking for any insight I can get!

Looking at an obvious monster of an 05 636, it it does have 73,000 km. The bike has been owned by the same guy for 10 years who has been religious with the bike and seems to have taken Care of it. Because of the km he’s giving me a deal I can’t pass on, but just want to know if this engine is still worth going for for a season or two or mainly track riding.

Please let me know guys a rookie is very thankful!

#2 ·
A compression test would give you a better idea.

There can be a lot of things that should be done, that may not be. That can be expensive to correct. If ALL the scheduled maintenance can be proven to have been done, it's on new tires, chain, sprockets, fresh oil change, New plugs, filters, battery..... There's a shot the valves are adjusted.

There is a point where a running bike will not depreciate more. Presuming your province requires inspections, is the bike current? Registration?

#3 ·
How good is the deal? Unless the bike is practically free or you for some reason love that model, I would get a newer one. That's just my opinion though.

#4 ·
I would not consider a 45,000 mile bike to be HIGH MILES if it has been properly taken care of!

Would I assume it has been properly taken care of, no fucking way!

I assume everyone is an asshole liar cheat and an idiot until proven otherwise..most of them prove to be worse than their starting point!

Further, if you want to take it (or any motorcycle) to the track I would also want to go through all systems and check it all and make damn sure it is functioning well, is very unlikely to break, and will perform as best it can.............reality says that could be a few thousand dollars or more right there to fix and service the entire bike front to back........... You are looking at a 14 year old bike!

And yes it has likley bottomed out on what the market will bear on a functioning decent looking 600cc sportbike (assumptions because we don't know what it looks like or how well it runs or the condition of any of the consumables)
But I would not expect to pay anymore than $2000 for soemthing like this unless it has high end aftermarket suspension, new tires, new(ish) chain/sprockets a brembo master cylinder and service records/receipts...........

Reactions: Gawernator
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.