Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to order HID's for the low and hi beams on my '09. Can someone who's ordered a kit from DDM tell me if this is the correct one I need for doing both lights? (I was going to order a single H9 kit and single H11 kit but I think the kit below is for both lights. I would probably get the 35W H9 6000K for both)

DDM Tuning 35W and 55W HID Kits

·
Registered
248 Posts
Do yourself a favor and just order a car set of h9's. Less of a hassle than ordering 2 single sets and I believe cheaper. I just installed mine tonight after having them sit in the basement all winter.

G

·
Go with Diode Dynamic. Much better bulb and ballast quality. Sure, DDM kits and ebay kits work but you get what you pay for. Nothing beats the quality DD uses. This is only a recommendation. I'm in no way shape or form telling you what to do. It's just I've had kits from DDM before, and ever since I bought one from DD for my car I'll never use DDM again. It just feels better in your hand, more solid. Hell, even the box is better.

Diode Dynamics (2007-2012)

BALLASTS

The ballasts are the most important component of an HID kit, as they provide the power. After years of providing midrange and high-quality ballasts for vehicles of all makes and models, Diode Dynamics learned what was important in making a good ballast, and applied it when designing these.
Controller Chip. Most digital (DSP) ballasts on the market still use generic chips, which are cheap, and work pretty well. However, when you need maximum quality, you need a new computer chip designed for one purpose. This is known as an Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC). These ballasts use brand new DSP ASIC chips for maximum efficiency and brightness, fast warmup time, and extremely stable operation.
CAN-BUS. Some vehicles have systems which sense the power consumption. Since HIDs use less power than factory halogen bulbs, this can cause issues. You can resolve this by adding capacitors, known as warning cancellers, or some ballasts come with them built-in. However, sometimes that's still not enough to trick the vehicle! To fix it, this ballast has not one, but two CAN-BUS modules, which provide capacitance and resistance to the circuit to defeat even the most troublesome modern CANBUS systems. Even if your vehicle does not use a CAN-BUS system, these modules will provide extra power smoothing for reliable operation. Simply put, this ballast will work on any vehicle, the first time you plug it in. With this kit, you don't need to worry about capacitors, warning cancellers, or resistors.
Igniter and Startup. You may have heard of ignition issues with other ballasts, caused by an igniter that is too small to withstand cold temperatures. No reason to worry with these ballasts- the oversized 24kV external igniter means that you will never have an ignition issue, even in the coldest temperatures. Additionally, the ASIC chip in these ballasts means that you only need 4 amps at nominal voltage to start up. These ballasts consume less power than any other on the market, meaning 100% reliable and fast startups, every time.
Shielding. Ever noticed a little black plastic thing clipped onto your laptop charger cord? That's a ferrite bead, which is used to suppress high-frequency signals, which can create radio interference. All ballasts generate these signals, and most just have protection in the ballast. We've also included ferrite beads on the wire, to suppress them.
LED Indicator. Convenience is key, especially during installation. To make things easy, we've added an indicator LED on the input wire, so you know that the ballast is getting power.
Case. These ballasts are the smallest you will find, about the size of a pack of playing cards. The case is fully potted, or filled with epoxy, which makes them fully waterproof and shockproof. Most ballasts on the market are filled to some degree, but these are completely filled to the top, sparing no expense to ensure longevity.

BULBS

The bulbs included with Diode Dynamics kits are CNLight bulbs. CNLight is the top manufacturer of aftermarket bulbs in the world, providing the best quality available. You might see other high-quality kits on the market which also use CNLight bulbs. They provide superior life, brightness, and color attenuation when compared to generic HID bulbs, like those found in most cheaper kits on the market. The one-piece base design prevents any issues with seperation over time, making the entire bulb extremely reliable.
Also, don't forget the higher you go the less light you have so it's best to either go with 4300k or 6000k for the most light output. I personally like 6000k as it's pure white with a hint of blue which I think looks the best which is the one in the video above. 8000k is blue but doesn't put out as much light is 4300k and 6000k

·
Registered
10,677 Posts
Go with Diode Dynamic. Much better bulb and ballast quality. Sure, DDM kits and ebay kits work but you get what you pay for. Nothing beats the quality DD uses.
Just cause they make it sound fancy doesnt mean its any better. I'm pretty sure its all actually the same shit inside.

DDM is widely used and have proven their product judging by all the positive reviews and comments their customers have.

Also... Id rather pay $30 instead of $100. I'm pretty sure that extra 70 bucks isnt gonna make your lights work any better. :)

G

·
Just cause they make it sound fancy doesnt mean its any better.
They're not making it sound fancy. They're explaining the technology in their ballasts and bulbs. Like I said, I've tried both, and DD is much better. It's a no brainer.

Id rather pay $30 instead of $100.
Again, you get what you pay for. You rather spend $30 because you don't want to buy the better product. There's a reason those are $30.

I'm pretty sure that extra 70 bucks isnt gonna make your lights work any better. :)
Yes it will. It's better quality, better technology. Take XB1 and PS4 for example. Sure, you could spend $329 on XB1 but for $399 you're getting a much more powerful gaming console. The PS4 has better hardware than the XB1. The DD kits are better than the DDM kits. Like I said, I'm not forcing anyone to buy it. It's just my personal and professional recommendation. I explore my choices, I read about different products and I buy the better product. Also, of course it has good reviews. People plug it in and it works so they give it 5 stars but those same people have no clue what they're buying nor do they know or understand the technology behind it. They just buy what other people buy. I'm just throwing another option out there for the people who actually know what they're looking for in a HID kit. If you're happy with the $30 kit then that's awesome man. Being happy is what motivates us to thrive, and there's nothing wrong with that. It just seems fancy wording to you because perhaps you're not sure of the differences yourself. However, I am so I can ensure anyone looking into it that it's a much better product than the DDM kits or ebay kits.

Anyway, I shared my recommendation. OP, good luck finding a kit. Time to look into other threads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts