Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
i got a ballsat kit for mine in green,mine was for a car as i have twin lamps on mine the type i have i remember having two ballast one for left and one for right,ive had two kits the first was h4/hi low wich come with a relay box to make the solenoids work then that kit broke.the second kit i had was h4 dip beam only had slimline ballast x2 .will check my plugs on mine ,it was an ok job to do though

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
You need to do a full on Retrofit to fit them really.
I HATE when people fit bodge-job bulbs to bikes (and cars) as it brings people a bad press for retrofitting HIDs in proper projector housings.

6R's have halogen projectors as standard which is why one MUST be dip and the other high beam. Even if the shield moves on the bodge-bulb fitted to a halogen projector because of the shielding on the projector you'll notice no difference.

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
You need to do a full on Retrofit to fit them really.
I HATE when people fit bodge-job bulbs to bikes (and cars) as it brings people a bad press for retrofitting HIDs in proper projector housings.

6R's have halogen projectors as standard which is why one MUST be dip and the other high beam. Even if the shield moves on the bodge-bulb fitted to a halogen projector because of the shielding on the projector you'll notice no difference.
Sorry you hate my headlights...:no

Is there away to do this on the 13 and do you have to convert to H4 bulbs ?
I don't know how to do it, but I'm sure there's a way. And it won't turn out like retrofitting with projectors, but if you don't care about that, then do it anyway :yes

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Sorry you hate my headlights...:no

I don't know how to do it, but I'm sure there's a way. And it won't turn out like retrofitting with projectors, but if you don't care about that, then do it anyway :yes

Pretty certain that Bi-Xenon's can be had cheap - especially if the price Scoobs sold me my headlight with bi-xenons fitted is anything to go by....

But really, the halogen projectors on yours probably won't be too bad - you should see how bad the bleed-out is when some arse has an old bike with a glass lens on the headlight (LOADS of aiming lines in them) - that's when I have an issue with it.

As opposed to the dreaded / hated bodge job in an old glass light yours will just be below it's full potential :p

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Pretty certain that Bi-Xenon's can be had cheap - especially if the price Scoobs sold me my headlight with bi-xenons fitted is anything to go by....

But really, the halogen projectors on yours probably won't be too bad - you should see how bad the bleed-out is when some arse has an old bike with a glass lens on the headlight (LOADS of aiming lines in them) - that's when I have an issue with it.

As opposed to the dreaded / hated bodge job in an old glass light yours will just be below it's full potential :p
I couldn't agree more!!!

I got this kit from DDM Tuning. For the 35W H4 Hi/Lo kit in 5000k temp it was about $60 including shipping

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Check maybe the fuse. I didn't do the high beam cause the low hid green is definitely enough. I'm not sure in the high beam. Check all the connections make sure there right (I'm sure you already did) other then that I'm at a loss man. Wish I could more help.

Bump.this bitch to the top

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Check maybe the fuse. I didn't do the high beam cause the low hid green is definitely enough. I'm not sure in the high beam. Check all the connections make sure there right (I'm sure you already did) other then that I'm at a loss man. Wish I could more help.

Bump.this bitch to the top
The problem is that the stock light uses single beam halogen projectors - one is aimed for low, other aimed for high

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
The problem is that the stock light uses single beam halogen projectors - one is aimed for low, other aimed for high
Right, but both of them can be adjusted with the knobs and since they both move (if you go with H4 Hi/Lo), with the proper shielding, it really can turn out pretty decent :O

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Right, but both of them can be adjusted with the knobs and since they both move (if you go with H4 Hi/Lo), with the proper shielding, it really can turn out pretty decent :O

That could be the case but I have a ye olde E with J fairing and haven't fiddled with newer stuff; I do know bi-xenon are better than fittings not designed for HID lights

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know the HID Kit is plug and play, but I'm not sure exactly how the Dual Headlight Conversion is going to work with it now. That part shouldn't be too complicated, but it definitely isn't plug and play. The diagram in the DIY thread linked above is awesome, but I'm not sure how or if it is going to need to change with the HID Kit installed. Does that make sense?
You'll have to modify the housing to fit an h4 bulb and buy and h4 plug to wire your stock plugs to then the rest is plug and play but I'm having trouble with my lights only being on high so I need to check my wiring from stock to h4 plug.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You'll have to modify the housing to fit an h4 bulb and buy and h4 plug to wire your stock plugs to then the rest is plug and play but I'm having trouble with my lights only being on high so I need to check my wiring from stock to h4 plug.
Beautiful thread-revival man! :coocoo

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Beautiful thread-revive man! :coocoo

Yup...we need a dislike button on this forum...I finished this 4 years ago...

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.