Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Just bought an ZX6R so may as well say hi.

06, 76kms (47k miles) on the clock. Leo Vince exhaust, hot grips, I think some sort of tail tidy. Fairly good nick for the age.

Got a few bits and bobs on order for it (stompgrips, relay for the hotgrips, new chain, oil/filter, servo buddy) but mainly just gonna ride it. Commuting and the odd weekend ride.

Previous bikes are a K7 SV650S, '07 Ninja 250R, and a Yamaha Scorpio.

·
Registered
10,996 Posts
Hey! Welcome out! Nice bike! We have a couple others from NZ on here I think.

Got some friends from NZ. They're actually playing a world tour right now... You heard of Devilskin?

What area are you from? I've been to most of the North island.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all :)

Got some friends from NZ. They're actually playing a world tour right now... You heard of Devilskin?

What area are you from? I've been to most of the North island.
Mmmm.... doesn't ring a bell. I'm from the lower South Island (Dunedin). Born in Wellington though.

New chain last night, gold RK GB520GXW. The old one was a 110 and with adjustment totally maxed out, I could pull 3/4 of a link width off the rear of the sprocket. Rather than getting a new master link and shortening it I just decided to get a fresh one. Sprockets are 14 front 45 rear. Fitted a servo buddy as well. Next stop, stompgrips and more pics...

·
Registered
10,996 Posts
Thanks all :)

Mmmm.... doesn't ring a bell. I'm from the lower South Island (Dunedin). Born in Wellington though.

New chain last night, gold RK GB520GXW. The old one was a 110 and with adjustment totally maxed out, I could pull 3/4 of a link width off the rear of the sprocket. Rather than getting a new master link and shortening it I just decided to get a fresh one. Sprockets are 14 front 45 rear. Fitted a servo buddy as well. Next stop, stompgrips and more pics...
Loved Wellington... beautiful city. Didn't get to see the south island though. Will on the next trip though!

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
Welcome, nice ride! :bigthumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts