Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I'd drop in and say hi...

I'm an staff guy/instructor for a socal based track day org--->www.trackdaz.com and do some limited club level racing with WSMC and WERA.

I've been a Suzuki guy forever. But when Kevin Jump at Advanced Kaw offered a little help I decided it was time to taste test the green kool-aid...and I'm diggin' it. I went with the 6R in order to compete in the 750 classes and it's working out well. The little green meanie out carves the 750's and can almost drag race them down the straight. In fact, if I can get a superior drive, the lil 636 usually motors right by.

Here's a couple pix...and looking forward to chatting with y'all.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you...and yes.:cheers

·
Registered
66 Posts
nice piccys, some great shots.... suzi man eh? i just joined up defecting from me suzi to the kawi side :) the greener the meaner !!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome to the site. I'm living in socal as well. My husband does track days and occasional race weekends at Willow on his R1. What times are you doing on the 636 on the big track? My 636 is a race track virgin still!

·
Registered
590 Posts
welcome to the board

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I would have replied sooner, but I just spent the last 2hrs staring at Samson's avatar. Those babies are full-on mesmerizing I tellya!:spit

zx6girl...

I'm running the Streets series(best official 1:23:3xx), as well as several selected Classic series rounds at the big track(best official 1:28:3xx). I know I'm leaving a few seconds out there at both tracks. Right now the goal is to wring 2sec out before the end of the year.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh...btw...

What's your husband's comp#? And which org's track days does he usually attend?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
97 Posts
Oh...btw...

What's your husband's comp#? And which org's track days does he usually attend?
His # is 210 and he hasn't done any races this year due to building an R1 street project plus problems with slipper clutch on race bike. He has done trackdaz and fast track.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hmmm...#210 doesn't ring a bell. Nor is it listed on the wsmc rider roster...either an oversight or he hasn't raced in awhile.

Anyway, I guess it's a small world(afterall)...if you folks have attended our TrackDaz then I've probably met your hubby. Hell, I'm probably the one who tech'd his bike!:banana

Hope to see you out there railing T8 soon...you know you want it.:wink:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts