Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member, just bought a 08 ZX6 for track use. I've got a bunch of spare crap that came with it I'd like to sell, so I've gotta bump my post count.

·
Director of Moderation
9,573 Posts
Nice try with the bump posts...that's borderline spam, so let's not do that.

It's very easy to get your post count up in a legitimate regular way without spam posts like that. Engage with the community a bit and you'll be at 25 before you know it.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Nice try with the bump posts...that's borderline spam, so let's not do that.

It's very easy to get your post count up in a legitimate regular way without spam posts like that. Engage with the community a bit and you'll be at 25 before you know it.

Gawd damn it, SBK...
... You getting soft with age, or is this just candy-ass winter depression? "... that's borderline spam... What's so BORDERLINE about it. C'mon man... you can do better than that. If it were July, the guy would be limping :devilish.

And kwak, please contribute in a meaningful manner. You might start by filling out a real member profile. That way others might feel you have an interest that's not exclusively financially motivated.

·
Director of Moderation
9,573 Posts
Gawd damn it, SBK...
... You getting soft with age, or is this just candy-ass winter depression? "... that's borderline spam... What's so BORDERLINE about it. C'mon man... you can do better than that. If it were July, the guy would be limping :devilish.

And kwak, please contribute in a meaningful manner. You might start by filling out a real member profile. That way others might feel you have an interest that's not exclusively financially motivated.
Man I just can't catch a break. If i'm being a dick, people say I'm a dick. If I'm being nice, then people say I'm soft or too nice! :O

·
Director of Moderation
9,573 Posts
Alright, lesson learned.

Just bodywork stuff. The bike has been converted to track use. I'll post it up in the classifieds soon.
You wanna up your post count, just post stuff about your track bike, and some pics of it. Lots of us here are suckers for track/race bike pics and general posts about track days and racing.

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
Where you from

·
Registered
435 Posts
Fuck yeah, pics of the track bike or you're blowing smoke lol.

Just messin' with ya but a lot of us are pic whores.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Man I just can't catch a break. If i'm being a dick, people say I'm a dick. If I'm being nice, then people say I'm soft or too nice! :O

OK man, let's have an Oprah moment: Just be real, man. Just be real. As for the others: Let the whiners of the world Man Up. You... you be an honest man. And when ever your nose detects the odiferous stench of fumier de boeuf , you pull out your soap box and be a righteous man, and cry foul.

Gemme an Amen.

Amen, brother.

·
Administrator
8,182 Posts
Welcome to life as a moderator. :D Takes a special breed to take the level of bullshit that gets dulled out around here. You seem to be doing a fine job though since I haven't received any complaints.

OP it helps to also build yourself a little reputation. Many a member have been ripped off by people who only join forums to sell bunk shit. So keep that in mind when you're trying to generate interest in people sending you their hard earned dollars for your stuff. You might find that this is a useful resource to you in your new ownership of this bike. :smile

·
Director of Moderation
9,573 Posts
Welcome to life as a moderator. :D Takes a special breed to take the level of bullshit that gets dulled out around here. You seem to be doing a fine job though since I haven't received any complaints.
I deleted the complaints :devilish

OP it helps to also build yourself a little reputation. Many a member have been ripped off by people who only join forums to sell bunk shit. So keep that in mind when you're trying to generate interest in people sending you their hard earned dollars for your stuff. You might find that this is a useful resource to you in your new ownership of this bike. :smile
This is a good point. It was only last week that a forum member literally drove from TX to GA to deliver a motorcycle that he sold to another forum member. Makes a big difference when people know a thing or two about you and they're sure you're not an asshole scammer.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey - no worries, and I totally get it. I'm on dozens of bike forums and have bought/sold stuff on pretty much all of them, so I get the concerns. When I list stuff, I usually include my Paypal/Ebay details to show the positive feedback I've gotten from selling and buying in the past. And yes, the forum has been very helpful already and looks like a great resource.

Without further ado...pics or it didn't happen! Currently disassembled for a valve service and more track prep:

Attachments

·
Registered
12,477 Posts
I've only been here a month and I get this reference!

It's ok, I drive a Tesla and when I'm not riding with my homies at 180mph on Youtube I'll be shopping for a new ZX10 to replace my new ZX6....
<golf clapping> :BigGrin

well played, sir. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I've only been here a month and I get this reference!

It's ok, I drive a Tesla and when I'm not riding with my homies at 180mph on Youtube I'll be shopping for a new ZX10 to replace my new ZX6....
We are all very proud that you not only get that reference but understand what not to do here.

Never again will I look at that steak sauce the same. Which is sad because it's from my home state

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Fuck yeah, pics of the track bike or you're blowing smoke lol.

Just messin' with ya but a lot of us are pic whores.

Or... aahhh... Blowing whores... or... blowing your track bike... we're an easy lot to keep amused.

RE: post count schwing, I mean up, post photos of what you're actually doing to/with you 6R. What's working/what's not working. Solicit whores, I mean ask for advice if you get stumped.

What will be your home track? Is this your 1st race bike build? Who are your crew? What kind of dirt (any photos) do you have on them to accept being blackmailed into your merry ship of fools?

(As an aside, my dad was always my crew chief because he was a vastly better mechanic than me - he was also left handed, so we could work at opposite ends of a project and basically not get in one another's way. And in the early years he could rope my older brothers into helping without much compensation, other than pizza & beer.)

As an ex-racer: just who in the hell are your sponsors (if any)? They will love you more & longer if you're giving them a constant drip of love. Never too much promo - but don't bother if it ain't legit.

Oh yeah, welcome aboard our merry ship of Ninja fools.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts