Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To the couple of ppl who have made enquiries about my exhaust system, I havnt got a clue to the answers as I didnt fit them. Now down to business. The reason I have been away is because some twat in a Ute turned right in front of me without indicating after coming to a halt in the middle of our lane and waiting for me to indicate and begin an overtaking manouver. Consequently I have not seen my bike since, but my insurer assure me it is a write off and I have just got out of hospital.
Here is my left forearm

and here is my left hip

Further more my wife has decided to ban me from motorcycling, at least for a while, as we have a baby on the way that she, and I, would very much like me to be alive to meet.
Here ends the ballad of Steve Angel.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Omg, mate. That sucks. Glad you're [pretty much] alright. Shame about the bike. Thanks for letting us know!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
glad you're in one piece buddy; hope you have a speedy recovery

·
Registered
894 Posts
Holy crap mate... :dowhat

Heal up quick and all the best for the "i wanna buy another bike" convo with the missus when you decide to have it...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the supportive msgs guys (and girl). I've always been a two wheel guy, Mountain bikes, dirt bikes and road bikes. Now I am faced with trying to learn how to drive and get back on the road that way. Wife has already said I can have another bike later on but only as a weekend toy with her on the back. Have to have a car as my main mode of transport.
Its all good I found an evo lookalike so I'm reasonably happy and looking forward to getting a new toy further on down the line. A zx6r of course!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
surgery was pretty fookin awesome. 2 plates and 13 pins in my arm. The hip if you look carefully, apart from the 4 big pins holding the shoulder onto my thigh bone and the two holding the two bits of my ball joint together there are also 3 small anchors that they used to reconnect my muscle to the bone. amazing!! Still pretty stiff and got limited movement in left wrist, hip, knee and elbow but its early days yet???

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
man.. im glad your alive and well...

Are you guys gonna go after the cager?
legal eagles already involved:kicknuts , its all wierd over here though, you dont claim against the other driver you claim against the TAC (government):dowhat . At the end of the day I'm gonna need repeated surgery for the rest of my life now in the way of hip replacements every ten years or so, so I'm pretty buggered and I have a good case. Just have to wait and see how it goes and whether I'm actually "safe" to ride again. At the mo I'm not even fit to drive, I'm still waiting for my occupational therapist to sign off on that. Hopefully be back on the road soon as I cant get to work without transport, I work out of town:banghead . All good though, at least I'm still breathing:thumbup

1 - 14 of 14 Posts