Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Admittedly, I haven't bought the zx6r yet. Saving up for er on a college kid's budget, definitely settled on the 2020 orange/black model with ABS.
Been riding my Ninja 300 for a year, got it up to 32,000 miles on the clock. Tons of riding, lots of parts, and track days later, I am hopefully going to get my new ZX6R soon.

Anyone got any suggestions to do to the new bike right off the bat? Unanimously good cheap upgrades?

Thanks in advance.
-Mike

·
Registered
13,071 Posts
Braided brake lines, Li battery, HH brake pads, all come to mind.

If you're looking for cheap, I hear stickers are good for at least 10 hp. ;)

Putting the correct linear fork springs in, will do wonders.

Researching how to set up the suspension, is free.

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
If it's the same as the 2009 - 2012 models, it should already have sintered metal/HH type pads from the factory.

I definitely agree on the braided stainless steel brake lines. They are a very good upgrade and not very expensive ($100 - $150 for the set, front and rear). I would recommend a dual line setup from Spiegler or Core Moto.

A rear fender eliminator is inexpensive or free if you make it yourself by cutting/modifying the stock fender (that's what I did with mine and here is my write up: https://www.kawiforums.com/threads/custom-diy-fender-eliminator.269881).

The battery RJ2112 mentioned will take off several pounds of weight from the bike as well. I went with a Shorai LFX14A4-BS12 Lithium Battery ($160).

Brake/clutch levers. I went with ASV's

ASV C/5 Brake Lever BRC511-SK (Shorty)
ASV C/5 Clutch Lever CRC541-SK (Shorty)​

K&N Air Filter (washable and reusable), but I would do this when it's time to replace the OEM filter for the first time.

Solo Cowl to replace the rear seat.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good ideas guys, braided lines for sure, i am looking to get a set for my current machine as well.
That sounds really nice that you can DIY a fender delete, I will almost certainly do it that way, I will check out your write up!

Never upgraded to lithium battery before, but I am very familiar with the battery technology from other aspects of my life. How much does it impact the handling on the bike though? Every pound I can lose would help me feel more at home, coming to a bigger bike.

Thanks for the ideas, more welcome. Been real busy earning the money I need to pay for the machine haha.

-Mike

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi, im also in search of spiegler braided brake lines that will fir the ABS version of 2019 zx6r... anyone knows where i can get it?

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
Hi, im also in search of spiegler braided brake lines that will fir the ABS version of 2019 zx6r... anyone knows where i can get it?
I'm not sure if they make them for ABS models (I don't think anybody does), but you could give them a call and ask:

https://spieglerusa.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts