Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know about this problem?????
last week i was riding home on my 2005 c1h zx6r , i went to open up the throttle and the bike stated hasitating at about 10,000rpm and wont rev past it, fi light isn't coming on and i've disconnected my power commander and ignition box and it's still the same ??? help , my local deal hasn't a clue with out looking over the bike , which will be very costly, please help

·
Registered
67 Posts
fuel maybe ?? Id check both fuel and ignition, replace anything that is past is due date.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
did ya get some shitty petrol? water in the fuel?

·
Registered
553 Posts
it's either fuel, spark or air.... I'd start with stripping the bike down, check the filter/clean the filter, inspect the throttle bodies and replace the plugs. Someone already mentioned contaminated fuel so since the tank will be off anyway, drain the old stuff out and put new fuel in. There also should be a way to pull a code through the FI light but I'm not sure how to do it, you may want to research that. If you don't already know, there's a free manual in the file vault that you can download, should be a lot of help if you need it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well the fuel is good, it's been happening over 3 tank loads of fuel, the bikes being service this friday, so fingers crossed, i think that this could be linked - the battery keeps going flat!!! i've checked the batter it's only 5 months old, the charge voltage is at 13.5 to 14.5, someone told me it could be the alternator or retifier causing the problem but i havent got a clue still, but many thanks for the sugestions so far

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
had the bike serviced, no joy, it's still playing up , llyod coopers in watford serviced the bike, me thinks they wanna try milking me, they said the mechanic wouldnt test ride it, but they have a rolling road!!!so i've asked the to contact kawasaki and see if they know wat could be the problem

·
Registered
553 Posts
I would start the bike, rev it up a bit while it's sitting there and put a multi-meter on the battery. With the bike not running the meter should read a little over 12 volts, running with the throttle open a little should put it around 14 volts. If it's running and under 12 then the alternator...(actually I think it would be a stator on a bike) isn't doing what it's supposed to, low voltage could cause an ignition problem, especially when the bike calls for lots of spark in higher rpm's. Does the F.I. light stay on or is it intermittent?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No fi light at all, checked the charge rate and its fine, even put a new battery in , no difference at all, been thought the manual, a mechanic friend said it won't be spark plug or coil cap , because the bike would misfire!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Ok, if I'm thinking right, at 10,000 rpm's or so the secondary fuel injectors are supposed to kick in or the timing of the bike changes and changes the fuel curve through the computer. I know that the power commander plugs directly into the fuel injectors so I'd lift the tank and check all four of the power commander/fuel injector plugs. It's a long shot but there may be an issue there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same problem my bike will warm up and drives perfectly fine except when it's in gear it won't rev past ten grand but when its in neutral it will hit the red line no problem and I can't figure it out haha I replaced the ecu cause I thought maybe the undertail exhaust fried it but I was wrong still the same problem

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
TPS? (Throttle Body Position Sensor) :O

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
No fi light at all, checked the charge rate and its fine, even put a new battery in , no difference at all, been thought the manual, a mechanic friend said it won't be spark plug or coil cap , because the bike would misfire!
Well, your mechanic friend isn't completely right. This most certainly can be caused by a bad or failing coil without necessarily hearing a misfire. Check them with a multimeter per the instructions in your service manual.

·
Registered
4 Posts
did u solve your problem

I have an issue much like yours and I thought I had it figured out. I changed my intake air temp sensor and it ran normally for about 6 days. Then the same problem came back. Even wth a new intake air temp sensor no help. The one I used to replace the 1st one came from a smashed but running bike

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Well, since this thread was 7 years old when it was re-opened in February and since the OP hasn't posted on the forum since 2009, it's unlikely your going to get any help from him. You might be better off just starting your own thread with your information in it so there isn't a lot of confusion about what has happened to you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts