Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, is it always so hard to get my engine bolt out to put frame sliders on??? Ive been crankin on this thing, it wont come loose.... any advice??? :O

·
Registered
450 Posts
It should come right out. When you say "won't come loose"...do you mean the bolt won't loosen in the threads, or the bolt is loose but won't come out?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i mean, it wont loosen in the threads....at all.... ive tried using alot of leverage on it too, and it wont budge at all.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Spray a bit of WD40 or similar penetrant on the bolt. Wait 20min, then try again. If it's still no-go...spray it again and wait 45min then try again.

If this fails...it's impact wrench time.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Oh and be careful "cranking" on it. You put too much godzilla on that thing you'll snap it off at the head. Then it's down to the hardware store for an easy-out set.

Don't let the name fool ya though...dicking around with easy-outs is anything but easy...

·
Registered
311 Posts
ya it was tough getting my motormounts out too... remember only remove ONE at a time or it will be hell getting them back in.

what kinda frame sliders you get?

·
Registered
956 Posts
try moving the bike into a cool place too... and the WD40 trick is a good one too.

try the living room under the A/C :devious

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks ya'll. I ended up getting them out....just took alot of muscle (not like i could provide much), WD40 and patience. Ill be getting my exhaust and sprocket/chain set up on there soon, and pics will follow!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Next time, besides de WD40, tie the screw or bolt and then turn to the other side few times, that make that job easier :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts