Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

Help with shopping for wife

4K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  lance22me 
#1 ·
Looking for help finding a nice riding jacket for my wife. She's looking for a mostly black with bright pink accents to match her helmet. Been looking at bike shows and scouring the web but seem to find the same half dozen jackets and pulling my hair. Seen one ICON that wasn't bad but need more options. Any suggestions of what you've seen would help. Thank you

#2 ·
Honestly if you can get to a local motorcycle store to have her try some on that's going to be the best place to start. From personal experience in the past buying my girlfriend a jacket, the women's jackets always seemed to have an inconsistent fit. So I had her try on a lot before we finally pulled the trigger and got her one.

#3 ·
But can't find a style we like. We've gone through their catalogues and it's the same crap repeating over and over. It seems like there's they all had the same 2-3 brands and there's nothing that worked. I'm looking outside my dealer network.

#4 ·
Fieldsheer, Cortech, Icon, Scorpion, Joe Rocket, AlpineStars, Speed and Strength, Olympia...I know I'm forgetting several but those are going to be the easiest. Check out Fieldsheer for sure, they don't get much notice but have some good color ways usually.

Also, be sure to look at the material of the jacket. You're up north so the Icon Contra black/pink may not be the best jacket for your lady. Its a mesh jacket with a warmth liner, so it will be for summer riding only. The warmth liner does help but it doesn't cross the zipper so there is still a big mesh panel in the front. I owned one; great jacket, small environmental use.

#7 ·
My wife ordered a jacket from LionHeart Moto that was pretty nice as she was able to get it custom sized and colored, but some of the order got messed up and she ended up sending her jacket to Barnacle Bill's Racing Leathers for adjustments. She talked to Bill on the phone and sounds like he is just a real nice guy to talk with and all he does is American made and local. She said if she was to order another custom jacket or pants she would go to him. She had a real hard time finding a leather jacket that fit right. Women's leather jackets are just more difficult to get the options you want. Dainese makes a nice jacket too, but I don't know if there is one in Pink/Black, that was her second choice.

#13 ·
Thanks Aubrey. I saw her helmet on the site (Bell Vortex Monarch Pink) and that's what were trying to match. So many were a lot of pink, we wanted more black with pink accents. I'll look more on the site and any thoughts would help too.

#19 ·
Thanks again Aubrey. My wife is in Phoenix now and when she gets back I'll ask her to make a decision on what jacket features are most important to her and we can start to narrow it down from there. I appreciate you're help and will try to get something from you.

#20 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.