Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like such a noob whenever I have to install/reinstall a new part of my bike, after working so hard on something else and feeling accomplished. Maybe cuz I am one -_-:coocoo

But anyways! look what I bought for my 05 ZX636

so my old taillights, integrated on the fairing has two wires for each side.... the new one has ( like the on the picture ) two wires only?! Where do they go!? :O

·
Registered
11,985 Posts
got the same one smoked. you attach the two wires, there's gonna be some free wires that just get capped off. i can find the pics

·
Registered
11,985 Posts

·
Registered
11,985 Posts
that's rolledoats' bike. pretty much same light.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
ok i took a stroll down to the garage and snapped some pics

The blk connector is ur main tailight...the gray is ur right side signal I believe

You can plug the wires( yellow,blu) from the new light into these connectOrs or or pop the connectors off and hard wire it as shown in hckys pic

Attachments

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
get a manicure and some hand lotion you white trash crusty knuckled ghetto bastard !

My granmas hands look younger than them paws !~
that's what hands look like when you work hard for a living. did gangster ass thug jus' tell me to get a manicure? really? :thatsgay gayster! haha jus' kiddin'

·
Registered
11,985 Posts
hahahahaha i clearly said that it is oats' pic. :lol:

yo rec, are you married?!?!?!?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Just a hint to make your electrical system more reliable and durable. You can use waterproof butt connectors to join those wires. You can get them at most marine supply places. Here's a link to West Marine.

ANCOR MARINE Waterproof Butt Connectors at West Marine

They are expensive but you can get them off e-bay for $0.30 to $0.50 each if you buy in bulk.

You heat them up and the shrink sleeving has and adhesive on the inside that bonds to the wire insulation. You won't ever get water wicking up inside the wired using these.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
i thought that was hickeys hands ... My bad :)
haha It's cool,dude. my knucks are pretty bumpy. you should see the palm side of my hands. you'd be like holy shit! they look like what I would imagine a horses hoof looks like if they weren't taken care of.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
and look at the size of rec's thumb nail.good god man! It's like the size of a dinner plate! lol..... jk bud

·
Registered
137 Posts
cap off the ends of the ground wires for the turn signals off the harness you wont need them...the turn signals ground through the brake light ground wire if you get what im saying...the two wires off the light go to the two turn signal lights off the wire harnes...message me if you dont get what im saying haha....

I just installed one on my bike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts