Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As there seems to be loads of experts on here, could you provide me with some advice on what to look out for when buying a J model ZX6R?

I currently have a C1 model which is great, but a mate has just passed his test and wants me to help him buy a J model ZX6R, what should I look out for? what parts wear out quickly? which parts of the bike corrode? and so on.....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Nibbs..This is my 3rd zx6 and can honestly say had no probs with any of them..The only real signs of rust is near where the swing arm joins nr the hugger and thats about it and if your mates still looking mines for sale its a 2001 model ..Mail me if you want ant further info on it...cheers..:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the pointers, as its a Kawasaki I didnt think there would be many weak points on the bike.

I'm currently looking for bikes nearer where I live and I'm in Bristol so its unlikely I would travel that far.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Just take for a test ride, check it selects and holds each gear, brakes work, suspension neither seized nor bouncy and that it runs and sounds ok doesn't blow blue smoke from exhaust when warm. Check consumables - tyres, brake pads, steering head bearings are smooth in operation and oil condition. Then barter using all the points above if any not upto scratch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts