Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any good information or suggestions what I should put on this 2002 Zx6r in regards to the chain. I just got it and chain really looks like it should be replaced. I'm pretty sure need a ek 525 108L. I'm considering changing sprockets also. Any tips? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Any major manufacturer's chain will do for you (EK, DID, Renthal) with an O or X ring. A popular gear choice is -1 up front and/ or +3 in the rear. This will improve your acceleration but reduce top end. It will also affect your speedometer and odometer but that can be solved with a speedo healer. Definitely go steel up front. Rear can be either aluminum or steel. Aluminum will not last as long.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
like evil said EK,RK and DID make some very nice chains. i would stay with steel on both front/rear sprockets for reliability tho.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
x or o ring

Thanks for the help guys on chain. I just would like to make sure I don't go cheap here! I feel a lot better flying down the road knowing my rear won't lock up anytime! What is x chain I know what o ring is.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Thanks for the help guys on chain. I just would like to make sure I don't go cheap here! I feel a lot better flying down the road knowing my rear won't lock up anytime! What is x chain I know what o ring is.
Same principal as an O ring, the seal just resembles an X.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I would reccomend switching to a 520 as well as -1/+2 upgrade, thats what i did on my 02 actually i went -1/+5..... Oh and i went with an EK Gold chain.

·
Registered
80 Posts
most bikes come with 16teeth in the front and 43teeth in the back, you already have
"-1" in the front cause you have 15teeth, a 45 or 46 will be fine, thats what im thinking about doing..

·
Registered
684 Posts
I went 15/43, it's brilliant and will still hit (legit GPS verified) 150+, best of both worlds. I also went 520 pitch, more to do with availability than buying the hype...

·
Registered
156 Posts
i just did a bit of googling and it seems the only advantage to 520 is weight saving, it does however have the massive drawback of not being as durable so it seems probably not worthwhile.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts