Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
Im crap at DIY and mechanical/ electrical stuff and am in desperate need of help.
I want to replace my OME tail light on my ZX6r J1 (2001) with an LED one (with integrated turn signals) that i have brought on line.
When i went to change it the wires for the tail light, brake light and number plate light have a simple connector that just plugs straight in, but the indicator wires from the bike have two wires per indicator (positive and negative i presume) and the NEW LED tail light only has ONE wire per indicator :O
I am stumped :hmmm:

Does anyone know how i can get these to work? There where no instructions with the NEW LED tail lights of how to fit them or i cant find anything online of how to fit them.
have included some pictures to show you my problem

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
One set of the yellow wires connect to the left turn signal wire and the other to the right. You need to tap into the wire on the wiring harness off the bike

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
if i remember of the top of my head ,i think the two wires that come from the indicator take the earth from each side and join them together,then the should be then 1 each per side then.then you should have 1 wire from left then 1 wire from right .they should got to the l&r on the led light i think.see how you get on with that

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if i remember of the top of my head ,i think the two wires that come from the indicator take the earth from each side and join them together,then the should be then 1 each per side then.then you should have 1 wire from left then 1 wire from right .they should got to the l&r on the led light i think.see how you get on with that
Thanks mate
This may sound silly but what type of connector would i need to join the 3 wires together?
Sorry really dumb when it comes to stuff like this

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
i used the standard crimp type you get from a car factors

1 - 5 of 5 Posts