Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically I havent started my bike for about 4-6 weeks and I started it this morning. no problems there so i let it warm up and when it was on for about 105-20 mins I tried to push it out of the garage. The bike was very stiff as if the chain was stuck. I was advised by a friend to just get on it and ride it so I did but it wasnt pulling away at all. It was very slow so I done a burnout for about 7-10 seconds to get the back wheel spinning which it did. so i stopped and tried to ride again but then nothing was happening at all. I was in 1st gear and the bike doesnt move at all.

Any advise please?? is the clutch gone or is it problems with the chain?? expensive to replace/fix?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
When was the last time you did an oil change? How does the oil look? How does your chain look? Where do you live? Weather? Condition of bike when sitting? Could be just dirty gunky parts... could be clutch or tranny... IDK enough to help, but more info would prob help. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Hi macmalone,
Welcome to the forum.
Here's some suggestions:
-Replace the fuel.
-Lube the chain (don't get any where it's not meant to be).
-Check your engine oil.
-Check your brakes (properly).
-Smack your mate over the back of his head for his bad suggestion.
-Smack yourself over the back of the head for listening to your mate.:idea:
-Stop doing burnouts.

Good luck matey.

·
Registered
223 Posts
If the back tire is spinning freely I would take a look at the front end, when you push the bike do the forks compress, if so; then your brakes are probably locked. If your brakes are locked, get a socket and loosen the banjo bolt on the bottom of the master cylinder just enough to get it depressurized; its only like a half turn of the bolt.Then tighten it back up and see if it fixed it. When it depressurizes it will hiss so I would loosen it till I see fluid drip out. If the brakes are not locked either put the back on a stand or jack it up, and see if it rolls freely in neutral. If it doesn't roll, check the chain tension and wheel bearings.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Yeah if you can burnout but when you try to move the whole bike it won't, then your front brakes are probably locked up. Check those first

·
Registered
333 Posts
I agree with the previous suggestions. Confirm if the rear assembly moves freely in N. If so move on to the front assembly and check all rotating parts. If there ok then it's a gear issue and take it to a shop if you're not competent tearing down a clutch/tranny.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts