Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just bought my first zx6r last week and it looks amazing. I test drove it for only a quarter mile before buying it since it was an 06 and only had 3000 miles. i was just wondering if when you start up the bike, does the rpm go way low after you rev it. Once idol for a bit, i give it a little rev and it falls donw extremely low as if it is going to stall(cut off). is this normal??

p.s. The headlight dims too while the rpm drops low. bike looks as if in perfect condition so i am not sure if that how all 636's are, i am just use to gixxers :)

Anythign will help, Thanks

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
The headlight thing is normal.

What RPM does the bike sit at when warmed up? You can adjust it with the idle knob. Check your owners manual, it will tell you what it should be set at and where it's located :D

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hey everyone, just bought my first zx6r last week and it looks amazing. I test drove it for only a quarter mile before buying it since it was an 06 and only had 3000 miles. i was just wondering if when you start up the bike, does the rpm go way low after you rev it. Once idol for a bit, i give it a little rev and it falls donw extremely low as if it is going to stall(cut off). is this normal??

p.s. The headlight dims too while the rpm drops low. bike looks as if in perfect condition so i am not sure if that how all 636's are, i am just use to gixxers :)

Anythign will help, Thanks
It is normal, let it warm up and if it still does it adjust your idle. It should be fine after that.

·
Registered
389 Posts
It is normal, let it warm up and if it still does it adjust your idle. It should be fine after that.
+1 just ride ir for a few minutes so it warms up then adjust the idle screw under the seat to like 1,300 rpm:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the helpful comments! I havent looked at the idle knob but will take a look at it tonight. Not used to idle knobs, +1 for a new ninja owner :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Does it have a a standard pipe?

Regardless of the weather and how long it has run, mine "Hunts" at idle due to the slip on pipe.........apparently that is perfectly normal according th big K Japan.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After I cut down my akro pipe I noticed a rpm drop before it goes up to normal idle. Someone said that a power commander with correct mapping would fix that. None stock pipe on your bike?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts