Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was out riding with a group of friends last night heading back home on the 15 FWY to Victorville from San Bernardino. There's been heavy construction on this stretch of FWY for the past year. Well just my luck there happened to be a cone I didn't spot in time and although I managed to avoid a direct hit I did end up hitting it with my left foot and it snapped off my peg along with part of the bracket. Ankle is sore but I managed to ride home. Luckily the shifter and linkage were untouched. I can still shift but have nowhere to place my foot so I rode it today by placing my foot on the passenger peg. Now I'm in desperate need of a rearset for and 07-08 zx6r but from I understand anything 05+ will fit. I prefer black but anything will do at this point. I'm in Glendora right now but live in Victorville, Ca and I have $20 to my name right now (college student). Any help will be GREATLY appreciated. PS. I don't have permissions to post in the classifieds so I'm posting here hoping someone that can help will see it. Thank you in advance :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?!!!

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
have you looked at a parts diagram to figure out what exactly you need? I have no doubt a dealership could order the parts for you so you don't have to replace the entire rearset

·
Registered
805 Posts
Do you have stock rearsets? If the peg snapped, you should be able to use the passanger peg.

·
Registered
13,120 Posts
Take a pic of the damage. I wanna see whats broken. I have a black rearset for an 05/06. I think its for the left side but Ill have to double check. Im in LA... Hollywood area if u wanna pick it up.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Anyone?!!!
Patience, young grasshopper. Like enrosabil said above, you might be able to use your passenger peg. I'd try that first. If not you can get one from bike bandit for $50, probably cheaper if you look around.

Edit: just realized you said some of the bracket came off too. So you probably need more than just the peg, right?

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I too have a black left rear set for an 05/06 that's straight if you need it. I have an '08 now, so I have absolutely no use for it. PM me if you want it and I can drop it in the mail tomorrow for cheap.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Already have someone from this forum sending me one! I'm so glad to be a part of such an amazing group. Thanks everyone. Here's a pic of the damage. Sorry it's so dirty. The rain and finals have kept me from washing her up as usual. Still hard to believe a simple traffic cone caused this...and my ankle is a little sore as well.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Daaaaayum! Looks like your foot made impact with the cone and your heel ran straight through the heel guard. I bet your sore as hell.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts