Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The main reason you are reading this is to help me find a new slipon exhaust for my Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R. :devious

This is my Kawa Ninja ZX-6R:

If you want to compare the sound of Scorpion Powercone Exhaust check it out here:
Scorpion Powercone Slipon Exhaust | High Revving Sound | Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R 2009 - YouTube

My current exhaust system is a Scorpion Powercone Slipon. It´s not that I dont like the Scorpion exhaust slipon, I just want to have a better sound, more crisp and more deep. :cool3:

But this is ridiculous, here in Sweden I´ll have to pay shitloads for shipment. First for shipping the whole packade (lets say 50-90$) and then at the swedish border pay a fee, 25% of the full price of the Slipon(!) :banghead. So yea, that sucks.

The exhaust prices in the states are like twice as cheap. For example: pay $2900,00 for a Akrapovic Full System Exhaust in Sweden. In the states $1327,00! So there´s a guy in at a company that told me if I sent the package to a forwarding company and in turn they send the package as a "gift" to me, it would be free! So I basicly save alot of $$$.

I´ve been checking out some motorcycle sites on the web and so far these are qualified, Sportbiketrackgear, Indysuperb​ikes, RevZilla and Motorcyclesuperstore. Do you have other major sellers that you recomend?

And to the most important part, these are the Slipons that Iam intrested in! Do you have any thoughts, experiences with these? Or do you have other recomendations?Tell me as much as you can. I´ve been searching on youtube for the sound of these but you cant really get a fair soundexperience on the tube, IRL is the shit, but hey, this is Sweden..

Akrapovic Carbon Slipon

Yoshimura Full Carbon R-77

Two Brothers V.A.L.E. M-2 Black Series

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
I have a full system Akra, and the whole thing weighs 11 pounds (Evo line). Stock exhaust weighs 26 pounds as comparison. I really like the sound of mine, but that's subjective :dunno

As far as looks go, I think the lines of the Akra are the best and the muffler is probably the best shaped.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a full system Akra, and the whole thing weighs 11 pounds (Evo line). Stock exhaust weighs 26 pounds as comparison. I really like the sound of mine, but that's subjective :dunno

As far as looks go, I think the lines of the Akra are the best and the muffler is probably the best shaped.
Wow nice! Yes I agree, the Akrapovic Exhaust is like eyecandy, it has a really nice design. The brand itself shows what kind of things you prefer and its futureproof. Just the sound then, do you maby have a video or two that demonstrates the sound of a full akra?

Compare it to mine scorpion exhaust:
How To Wake Up a City with the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R - YouTube

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jardine jp1 not even a question
Is it worth paying a jardine exhaust when you eventually dont need a exhaust to get that sound ;) No man, I would be fucked here in sweden by that exhaust, neighbours are already tossing frying pans at me :unhappy:

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have the akra slip on and I love it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have the akra slip on and I love it. Also motomummy.com is good

·
Registered
232 Posts
Have you posted some exhaustvideos of your bike?
No I might tomorrow if I am not too tired. But it wont be riding it. Just a clip. I hate editing clip hahah

·
Registered
639 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've been between the GP M2 or the Short Oval from SC-Project or then the GP1 from Bodis.

The SC-Projects (Italian made):

"Short Oval"

"GP M2"

The Bodis (German made):

"GP1"

Of course I'd get the link pipe for any one of them! :)

Reactions: jspec204

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Is it worth paying a jardine exhaust when you eventually dont need a exhaust to get that sound ;) No man, I would be fucked here in sweden by that exhaust, neighbours are already tossing frying pans at me :unhappy:
Mine sounds mean as shit..not that loud plus it has prevented two people from pulling out on front of me already.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Is it me, or do all of those not flow with a single line on the bike?

Akra is what I would go for. Yosh is meh and the rest look hideous. Especially the Two Bros. They look like they forgot something.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Is it me, or do all of those not flow with a single line on the bike?

Akra is what I would go for. Yosh is meh and the rest look hideous. Especially the Two Bros. They look like they forgot something.
I'm gonna a get a bucketful of flack for this, but I've never thought of the Akrapovic as a particularly good looking pipe on the '09 6R. It's a great sounding and beautiful pipe... but I don't know... just not with the 6R (were someone to give me a free Akra I'd take it in a heartbeat :laugh).
Don't get me started on the 2bros!

But this is why they say "to each his own". :)

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
Full Akra system is about the best you can do short of the Beet, but that's just so impractical. I still don't know why they're that expensive...

Reactions: AmigoFIN

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
The beets are expensive because they are hand crafted.

On a side note, I think I am about to come out with an exhaust for the new ZX6R's....

I need an item that will actually make me some profit and help the shop. I have the
resources and the knowledge, I just have to make it happen.

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
The beets are expensive because they are hand crafted.
Meh. I think that offers extremely diminished returns over a full Akra system. Maybe an extra .2 hp at 14000rpm because of extreme attention to detail? $4000 for an exhaust is just too much for a non-professional-racing consumer IMO

1 - 20 of 36 Posts