Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just got my 2002 kawasaki ZX6-R a couple weeks ago. It's all stock other then it has full yoshimaru exhaust. I just have a couple questions. First for the Yoshimaru exhaust. My friend has the same exhaust and he took the baffle out. It sounds SWEET. I was just wondering if there are any bad things of taking out the baffle. Second, I HATE the handles on the back of the bike that Kawi made on their 02'. Any ideas on how to ditch them and keep the bike looking good? Third, I also really dislike the back piece of plastic that covers up the rear tire.. I think its called the rear fender. Any ideas how to get that off for free? :O I don't want to buy a fender deletion kit. I was thinking of sawing it off just below the blinkers. I'm also looking for some nice looking flush-mount blinkers if anyone has some ideas, cause the ones on their right now are absolutely massive. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
The thing that covers up the rear tire is a hugger.... is that what you are on about.

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
The thing that covers up the rear tire is a hugger.... is that what you are on about.
LOL its the stock undertail/tag hanger/fender.
Yeah cut it off. you can get turn sigs just about anywhere.
Try solomoto or Dennis kirk for starters.

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
forgot your baffle, pull it off, won't hurt a thing.

·
Registered
140 Posts
yep, take the baffle off.....i got the same exhaust on the same bike....awesome....and ya use a "hot knife" and hack that fender off!! and for the blinkers...get a integrated tail light....dont go on ebay and spend 938489234 dollars on one tho...there are plenty of ways to do it with your stock light and its fairly easy and super cheep, like 20 or less....finally for the front blinkers...go to amazon, get some smoked LED ones for about 10-15 bucks and go to your local bike shop (or the web if you no what your looking for) and get a "flasher" ment for LEDs and its a plug and play....so...there you have it...for less than 50 bucks and an hour of 2 of work all of your problems are solved!!! :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
o i lied...sorry....lol, the handles in back....you have a few options....1. leave them...2. get a newer tail plastic (like from a 04 or a dif bike)....3. shave them....4. take them off and have ugly holes and spots where they should be.....now for shaving them, take them to a local auto body shop and they can do this but it will be costly and it will also have to be painted, just like if you were to get updated plastic as well...so its all up to you and how original, unique, and personal you want your bike! but could cost quite a bit.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
LOL its the stock undertail/tag hanger/fender.
It ws the way he put it that lead to my noob anwser;

Third, I also really dislike the back piece of plastic that covers up the rear tire..
the only ptastic that technically covers the rear tire is the hugger lol... mind you i thought that the post didn't make sence when you talk about the hugger lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Josh 5288 about the answer to the handles. have a red and black bike(pics coming soon) so finding a piece shouldn't be too hard. Also thanks everyone else. ill probably saw off the rear part and as for blinkers, ill find something cheap.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got the baffle out of the exhaust. Huge difference, also took off the rear fearing, looks great, new pics soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts