Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Brodas,

I have finally gotten around putting everything together bike on my bike. Had to wait for various different parts.

I'm having an issue fitting a 5mm well-nut onto the bike. Looking at KawasakiPartsHouse.com the part I need for my bike, which I have is 92015.

The problem is I cannot fit this onto my bike. Everytime I push the cowling into the bike the 5mm well-nut just pops right out because it is too large. I feel like using more force would just break something

The second picture is the old 5mm well nut that I took off the bike compared with the new one.

Any ideas? Should I just use my mainly man muscles and push this in?

Hope I made sense. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
use a screw to push it in. thread a screw into it and push on the screw not the flange of the well nut. It will make it thiner and install easier. If you push on the flange it will expand and be much harder to install.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
use a screw to push it in. thread a screw into it and push on the screw not the flange of the well nut. It will make it thiner and install easier. If you push on the flange it will expand and be much harder to install.
Thanks for the tip I'll remember this for next time!

I ended up pushing the flange and it installed fine. It was pretty hard I'm not going to lie.

Thanks again for the help everyone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts