Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i was wondering something -

i'm buying a new helmet soon and i want to get a black shield for it, like the ones you see professional racers have (that are really dark and you can see thru it from the outside). does anybody have a shield like this? what brand helmet do you have? cause most of the shields i have looked at are still see thru from the outside.

·
Squid Forever , Yes it's a conspiracy
2,271 Posts
what kind of helmet are you looking it? kbc, arai, soumy, hjc etc.. all have face shields that have the dark tint, to blue to mirror finish style.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Most companies offer tinted and iridium (mirrored) visors so just ask when you buy the helmet...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a dark smoked shield for my Scorpion EXO400. It looks black from the outside but it still isn't dark enough for me on sunny days. I even wore sunglasses with it but that was too dark when going through the woods. I just went back to the clear with sunglasses. I think it lacks any kind of UV protection and whatnot that you find on good sunglasses. Maybe that's why I didn't like it?

·
Registered
157 Posts
get irridium shield

I have a dark smoked shield for my Scorpion EXO400. It looks black from the outside but it still isn't dark enough for me on sunny days. I even wore sunglasses with it but that was too dark when going through the woods. I just went back to the clear with sunglasses. I think it lacks any kind of UV protection and whatnot that you find on good sunglasses. Maybe that's why I didn't like it?

I use to have a smoke tint sheild on my helmet and had to use my sunglasses. then i switched to the irridium blue sheild and never used my sunglasses again. it works great even with the sun light directly facing you. of course u loose some clarity at night but i'll take that..

·
Squid Forever , Yes it's a conspiracy
2,271 Posts
Im actually looking at smoke/dark tint face shield right now.. pain in the butt when its really sunny out..

·
Registered
617 Posts
The visors that you speak of are for racing applications only and are not street legal in most places so you may want to check your local regulations.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Yeah, the dark ones I doubt would be road legal. I've got the iridium and the dark smoke. I prefer the dark smoke actually as it's not so much a pain in the arse to keep clean.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Arai with a tinted screen, I've only seen the one type of tinited screen. :dunno

1 - 12 of 12 Posts