Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

141 - 160 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
HJC Helmet

I have an HJC CS-R1 Helmet. It is noisey but serves its purpose for a whopping 90 ish bucks... It is plain looking so i did just throw some Revzilla stickers on it today actually lol. Can't complain though for the price. Does come with a clear AND dark tinted screen which is nice as well as a helmet bag. Has air vent near mouth and on top of your head. Doesn't fog up as long as the vents are open and fits me well. Can't compare it to anything else as far as noise or comfort go cause its the only helemet ive had. Looking at The ICON Airmada, Air Frame or an AGV K3 Italy for my next one. It was more a less a starter helmet. Just never really got around to upgrading it lol. Piano Black is a bitch to keep clean though. Fingerprint and dust magnet if you don't store it in the helmet bag.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Got an Rs1 too i used for a lil bit more than a year ... The only con is that if the magnet of magnetic chin strap starts to eat its way out of the lininig , you better get it double stitched again just to make sure it doesnt get lost.

also , if im not mistaken apart from shoei , bell is one of the rare brands providing transition photochromatic face shields.

anyway , it works well for both street and trackdays .

·
Registered
702 Posts
I am just looking for I put on the icon airframe pro construct

The only other helmet I have worn for a significant amount of time was an icon alliance (4 years ago) which I wore for about a year. I didn't think it was bad, it was a bit on the heavy side it was more comfortable and quieter than the HJC (don't know model) I am wearing now that came with my bike.

I don't think it fits rite cause I find myself pulling the chin down at freeway speeds.

I do have 2 other helmets that came with the bike but I don't use them cause they are very snug there is allot of pressure on my cheek bones and becomes quite un comfortable quickly, and when I take them off it feels like they are trying to rip my ears off.

·
Registered
422 Posts
HJC RPHA-10

Pros:
Super light and comfortable and pretty quiet. Glides right through the wind nicely, very little if any head wobble.
All vents are easy to use with gloves.
Visor lock mechanism is nice and seals the visor very well.(also fine with gloves)

Cons:
none that i've found so far over the past year.

Best helmet i've used. I have not used a more expensive helmet to actually ride with so i'm sure they can get better, but for everyday riding, and maybe some track, this should do just fine.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Been a Suomy guy for the longest... been out of the game and just got back.. I've had a Spec1R extreme - gambler - and that has been retired... now I have a SR Sport...
Super light and super comfy... and price is very reasonable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bell star matte carbon

I have the non current bell star that they sold up until the end of 2015 I believe. I bought it new in 2013. Anyways the helmet is very light weight, excellent peripheral vision, 8/10 air flow, and it was build pretty well. After 20k miles it started having problems. The chin strap covers ripped on the skinny little piece of fabric that they use to go around the strap (while wearing the helmet it is what is underneath the strap not the part against your skin) so now the strap covers seem to always be everywhere except where they should be which should be providing a barrier between the strap and your skin. Bell also discontinued the liner... even though the helmet isn't more than 5 years old. I also found out that their CURRENT bell star liner is backordered until the end of February... Also the helmet should only be used as a track helmet. Too loud for even occasional street use.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I currently use an Arai Quantum ST Pro.

I have an Arai head and most helmets have pressure around the temples but this helmet has been on for more than 4Hrs and still is comfortable if not a tad heavy

Wind noise is slightly louder than the old chaser but with an interphone it's fine. the speaker pockets mean they don't press on your ears.

The sun shade works very well. my only complaint about it is if the main visor is muddy it makes your vision worse

Hopefully, you’ll not need it, but in an emergency, if ambulance staff need to remove your helmet they’ll find the emergency release mechanism that allows the chin pads to be pulled off first so the helmet can slide away easily.

·
Director of Moderation
9,814 Posts
Like the concept.
First hope emergency personal carry Phillips screwdrivers now on.
Second, vents top and bottom front. NONE rear. With the narrow opening for your head air will have a hard time going out the neck opening.
I like the concept for a street helmet. It would never pass for any on-track riding with most organizations because it's a 2-piece helmet.

Seeing how easy it is to take off, I wonder what the chance is that it will come off during a crash too when you bang your head on the ground hard enough? :O

·
Registered
238 Posts

My Schuberth sr1 has been the best helmet I've ever used. Having owned this helmet now for 2 years and used numerous times I really do think this was an excellent buy.
The air flow is unlike any helmet I've had and the outlets on the sides can be slid closed if noise is an issue. Once these are closed you may as well be in your living room. The lining is comfortable yet holds to your head and face with good grip. He ability to lock down the visor is always brilliant as stops any air leakage which I've had with a few other helmets I've owned. The spoiler doesn't make massive difference but at high speeds does help your head from bouncing. The only downside to this helmet which isn't a problem for me but would be for many others is the inability to fit a hands free to the inside of the helmet as there is no space.
I look forward to soon owning a sr2 and will always now stick with this make when it comes to buying my "race" helmets.
Overall a awesome track based helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've used Shoei XR1100's since their release. I've had 4 of them... Maybe 5... A lot. I love them. They no longer make them so I was forced to buy it's unofficial replacement the NXR. I love it.

It's pretty much the same as the XR1100 except it's quieter, has slightly different visor lock and vents (which I leave open all the time anyway so it doesn't matter) and it's got new designs (I prefer the old ones though).

The only downside is that the ear cut-outs are slightly smaller this year. Slightly. They're filled for free this time which is comfy, but in helmet speakers don't quite fit in them so I can't use them with the Sena 20s, I have to use headphones instead. This is fine on long journeys, but short ones with the lid on and off all the time it's a pain.

In short, overall, if you like Shoe's, you'll love this.

Here is mine, then the Mrs'.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Any recommendations for an intermediate-oval "race fit" helmet? My previous helmet was a Shoei RF1200 and I would still get a bit of push with high speed at the track.

So far considered the X-lite 802 Carbon, AGV Corsa/ Pista and Arai Corsair X

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
I ended up going with the Arai Vector 2, Aegerter 77 (Moto2) repliica. Ordered it from Sportbike Track Gear: Arai Vector 2 Aegerter. Fast shipping and excellent service.

I'm happy I took the risk as I finally found a helmet that fits me perfectly! Intermediate oval design, comparing my Shoei RF1200 it is slightly longer and has some tear off foam in the temple areas to accommodate most intermediate oval head shapes. Arai's helmet paint finish is at a whole other level. Extreme attention to detail.

141 - 160 of 169 Posts