Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the hell and where the hell is the helmet lock on my 07. [email protected]#[email protected]$!$! Pics would be cool lol. I see how you could hang a helmet on the side under the passenger seat but how do I get a helmet to sit on the passenger seat locked?

Thanks
Josh

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
It's pretty simple on the 04. Maybe the 07 is different? I'll take some pics if you need it.

It's probably not a good idea to use them anyway, they're not the most secure things in the world. Better to take your helmet with ya.

·
Registered
299 Posts
right side or left side under the rear seat toward the front

·
Registered
311 Posts
yeah its just a little hook type thing on the side torwards the front. Just strap ur your helmet and loop it around then put your seat back on.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
right side or left side under the rear seat toward the front
Yea I found that one. I just don't liek the idea someone could cut my chin strap and have a free helmet.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you kidding me? You think someone won't attach a new strap or ride without one to steal a $380 helmet? People will steal anything around here.

·
Registered
99 Posts
dude i live in california... i completely hear what you're saying... I'm not gonna leave my helmet like that either... even if i only got a scorpion exo 700 it's still not worth it... i ended up getting the joe rocket backpack that can hold your helmet too. it's pretty nice, but it doesn't make it any quicker. it's sorta a pain to jamb your helmet in there, especially if ya got a big ass head like i do...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Are you kidding me? You think someone won't attach a new strap or ride without one to steal a $380 helmet? People will steal anything around here.
NO I aint kidding you.Would questions not be asked when someone goes in to get a new strap put on a lid ?.How will they keep the lid on without a chin strap when riding a bike ?

I leave my Arai ( which cost me £500 ) hanging from the helmet lock and NEVER had any problems.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've seen one helmet get stolen. They cut the threading at the D-rings. That is an easy fix to replace. We were MP's in Hawaii and the helmet was unique, Had to be some asshole leaving the military and was able to pack it away, We would have definately recognized it anywhere.

Our bikes (07 ZX6R) hides the D-rings under the seat. So I think it is a little less attractive to some asshole thief. Or you could wear a cheaper helmet when you are going somewhere you'll be leaving your bike.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Unless I am just running in the store quick you can't use those around here. It's crazy what people will try and steal.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
people probably jack yur bike before they take your bucket

and like they said, under the rear seat. thats where i leave my shoei ($350) and i have never had a problem

·
Registered
112 Posts
I keep my extra helmet hanging on the side of my 07. I didn't know people steal helmets like that. I stay in Detroit, I'm surprised no one has attempted to take it yet.

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
I just don't liek the idea someone could cut my chin strap and have a free helmet.
sorry to resurect a dieing thread, but im really curious about this now

maybe i dont understand it completely, but if you just strap the chin strap like normally, hook it around a hood under the rear seat, and put the seat back, someone doesnt even have to cut the chin strap to steal the helmet. they just have to slip the strap through the d rings just like u do when taking the helmet off, and pull the strap out from under the seat right?

so there really isnt a lock? just a way of hanging it on the bike? i probly got this all wrong..anyone care to clarify

1 - 16 of 16 Posts