1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Goat, I'm new to the forums. Hi... :bounce

This is my bike:

a stock 2013 ZX6R

Live in Nevada... I recently upgraded from a Ninja 300 I rode for most of 2014, I had 2 bikes before that back in 2004 - 2007, an older gsxr 600, and a 750. I never really got into riding until I got the 300 though. I just wasn't in the right mindset, was still really into cars, and my father pressured me way too much to ride when I was younger so I just never got into it, you know the whole "rebel" thing...

In 2014 a good friend of mine Feenickz wanted to get into riding, so I figured, meh, why not. Went out, bought a 300, took an MSF with him, we rode for thousands of miles, took a lot of cross-state trips, and... here I am. The same friend has been encouraging me to do the whole forum / community / youtube thing, which I have no idea what I am doing, I'm getting old I guess and out of touch.

So yeah, I'm here, hello, and thanks for having me.

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
It's awesome to see someone come on here and post up a good intro! :bigthumb:

Old and out-of-touch is significantly better than young and stupid...we've got some of that around here (also plenty of old guys tho - older than you I expect)

Looks like you have a nice bike! Looking forward to seeing you around the forum :cheers:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Welcome, that was a great intro

·
Registered
75 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I came from a 300 myself and just started vlogging posted my third video a few hours ago. Looking forward to hearing your input and experiences!

What cross-state rides have you made!?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for the warm welcome. Hopefully I can contribute to the forums / community in some way... I don't have any magical powers, but I do like to wear a power ranger suit from time to time. I also have a small herd of kids that like to eat everything primarily my pocket book... I call them goats, but my wife claims that's inappropriate.

Welcome to the forum! I came from a 300 myself and just started vlogging posted my third video a few hours ago. Looking forward to hearing your input and experiences!

What cross-state rides have you made!?
Do you have a link to your vlog? I have a lot to learn so watching others helps.
Most recently...
Nevada - California - Oregon (Pacific Coast Highway & Redwoods)
Nevada - California (Pacific Coast Highway)
Nevada - Oregon - Idaho (Random routes)

I enjoy longer rides, and enjoy sport bikes.

I have plans this year to do a handful of new routes that will take me to... Montana, Idaho, Utah, Colarado, and Arizona. Of course personal time, weather, health, and finances willing.

I have future plans to ride to Texas, and a personal challenge to ride to Florida and back, whether that will actually happen... It's just a matter of logistics. I'd also like to get some trackdays in, but... now i'm just rambling.

·
Administrator
8,182 Posts
Very cool intro indeed. Welcome to the forum. :)

There are a lot of good people here from all different riding backgrounds so you should have no problem fitting in or at least finding some good information.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very cool intro indeed. Welcome to the forum. :)

There are a lot of good people here from all different riding backgrounds so you should have no problem fitting in or at least finding some good information.
I have been on the forums as a lurker? For a very long time, but I did not own a zx6r so... never made a post. I agree with you, as I have found a wide variety of useful information on these forums, enough so to say, to contribute to the purchasing of a zx6r. So I thank all of you for providing, managing, and participating in the forums, it has helped me a lot.

Welcome to the forum!
Thank you, and hello. :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello there!

Welcome to the board.

If you have a ZX6R and a GTO like I do, you can be my new best friend.
Thank you good sir! I do have a zx6r, but I am lacking in the GTO department. I currently own 2 Hyundai's which provide me wonderful amounts of power, in the form of increased gas savings! Maybe we can still be pen-pals. :happy:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts