Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning,

Just signed up and thought I would say hello...

Picking up a brand spanking new 2007 ZX6-R in a few weeks and cant wait!
I havent riden in around 8 years so doing a few days training before I pick my new bike up.

I was going to wait until the summer but the deal was too good to turn down.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Welcome to the Zone.

Post up some pics when you get that beast!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome to the zone baby!!

PS; any chance you know the manufacture date on your bike. If your not already aware there have been multiple issues to say the least with the 07 ZX-6r. Most have been with bikes with a 02/07 date of manufacture.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers for the welcome!

Not sure what the build date is but will find out. What sort of problems are 07 models having?

Just heading out now to watch the Rally of GB in Wales for the weekend then up to the NEC for the bike show on Sunday.... Almost too much to do in just one weekend :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have an 02/07 build ZX6R, and I just got it out of the shop yesterday after taking it in early October for an oil leak from my valve cover gasket and a faulty cam sensor. But good luck, and cant wait to see your bike!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Brrrrrr its cold!

I am picking my bike up tomorrow from the dealer, cant wait!
Not sure if I am looking forward to the 30 mile ride home in this cold with new tyres though but its got to be done...

How do I check when it was manufactured? These engine problem stories are worrying...

Anything I should ask or check for when picking it up?

Cheers

·
Registered
16 Posts
The problems on mine didn't show up straight away. It was after about 500 or 600 miles that it started to rattle a bit and the apparent leak started after approx 1200 miles. I would take it easy for the first few hundread miles and if any systems show, take it back to your dealer asap:). Not sure how to find out about the date of manufacture?:O

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
welcome to the zone mate and have fun on the new ride and take it easy on the cold n wet mith new rubber.. pics too please

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What a cold day! Up at the crack of dawn to pick the new bike up then spent the afternoon outside watching rugby...

The bike is awesome..... Could not stop grinning on the ride home! Was a lot easier than I thought to ride around town and cant wait to put some miles on it so I can open it up a little.

Was dark by the time I got back so the pictures are not the best as they were taken inside.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
thats 1 sweet ride mate..

·
Registered
166 Posts
WElcome,

The new 07 that is mentioned above. i remember reading on here someone almost ending up a sore on as engine failure on motorway locking drive and locking engine dead, luckty enought they were hovering over the clutch and saved it from going down.

·
Registered
8 Posts
would like to have a read of tha Dougie lad must be a major engine failour for it to lock i up. oil springs to min lol or lack of maybe whoknows.

Ive done 2k on mine and apart from it been a little ticky at low revs not had any problems. It gets used!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts