Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there fellow bikers and/or stunters! So, I got a little problem and I was hoping that some of you pros out there could help me :( This happpened about a month ago. I was riding like I usually did, and then I cracked the throttle like anyone would, and then all of the sudden, I heard my engine running fine, but I guess somewhere in the drive, something was wrong. Now, whenever I try accelerate even a little too much, something feels out of place. Click click click click!! Something is clicking out of place. Kind of hard to explain... :huh2:

All the symptoms pointed to a slipping clutch, so I installed a brand new clutchpack. The problem was still happening. :angry: My friend says now that it could be that my rear sprocket could be worn down. Maybe it's my front sprocket, who knows? Not me. :O And after he said that, it did seem like that could be it. It feels like the chain might be slipping off the sprocket under higher acceleration, but I am no pro. My chain is also in not to good of condition, so.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
as above check the chain for adjustment and the sprockets for bent over teeth or even tops smashed off them

·
Registered
260 Posts
exactly as above, I had the same problem when I was getting back from a trip. And my rear sprocket was almost completely worn down.

·
Registered
17,933 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright umm you know what, this is embarrassing, but I haven't ever really paid attention to how worn down my rear sprocket was. I took off the front cover, and the front sprocket has actually been replaced, so its fine. It's the rear that reaally needed replacing... The teeh are very worn down on it :p the new one looks very nice on there. The brand I'm using is Vortex.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Throw up some piccies of your ride then matey, and maybe 1 of your dodgy sprocket so we can take piss.... just kidding never seen a worn out srocket before,just curious:laugh

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Welcome aboard man..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry guys, just having a hard time uploading pictures... Help? or I'll probably figure it out soon :p

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, so far I posted a picture of the worn down sprocket in my photos. HAHA Check it out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts