Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I wrecked an 05 with a little over 8k miles on it. Ages later I decided to pick up this 2006 636. I've had it for a couple months now. I'll try to find all the photos and post a proper evolution strip but here's a taste. When I found it, it was a little beat up. A friend of mine (using my bike as a practice) painted it on the cheap. There's some orange peel and it looks like she didn't wet down the booth or didn't do it enough, lots of dust in the paint. but it was cheap, so what the hell. I also just threw a new quick accel Vortex Sprocket and RK chain on there. Along with a Metzeler M5 rear. The guy before me had those "toolish" spiked bar ends which are not just toolish, but unsafe. So I put "new" stock bar ends & oil cap. New double bubble Zero Gravity smoked windscreen to replace the blue puig. New integrated smoked rear tail light. Black fairing bolt kit. New gas tank cap and housing, re-keyed and all that jazz. Am I missing anything? Next project is smoked flush mount turn signals for the front and a Power Commander III. The Jardine slip on pipe was already on there when I got it.

Thanks. Cheers!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
583 Posts
Nice work! Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
welcome!

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the welcomes ya'll. I'll post more pics SOON!

I bought it for 4800 and it was listed at 5k. I live in nor cal and tried to find another 636 but I kept getting the run around or someone would show up before me and snag it. SO, I found Lyon from Arcadia Motorcycle on Cycle Trader and he had a slightly beat up 2006 636 in *almost the same color as my original, the electric blue. I told him I wanted it. Bought a one way ticket to LA, had my friend pick me up from the airport, and bought it for 4800. He knocked 200 off the price and the plane ticket was 230 bucks, so it was kind of a wash. I rode from LA all the way back to north of the bay. It rained in LA (just my luck), then there were gusty wind warnings and I was blown off 5 not once, but twice. The 2nd time, a trucker behind me saw me and instead of passing me and possibly knocking me over with yet another gust of wind... decided to be nice and followed me to the next exit. Slow going over the pass and through the "gusty wind" areas caltrans had nice big warning signs about. Leaned into it and slow for the most part. Basically the trip was long and hard. but WAY worth it. And I got what I wanted. My friend painted it black for 300 bucks. Crapppy paint job, but I only paid 300.

*I JUST put no cut frame sliders on.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
well....come....

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the other "welcomes" I did not see. This was prior to "tap talk" reminding me of everything.

Figured I'd bump myself. At least the photo shows what the blue whore used to be (skull stickers and spiked bar ends) and what she became (in the first two weeks I had her)...

May I also point out the only reason I'm on here frequently is because it's winter and she's in pieces?!?! Lol.

·
Registered
192 Posts
greetings

·
Registered
172 Posts
Nice lady love the color... Well it suxz that u got blown off twice but nice that he followed u off to the next exit! If only all truck drivers were that nice!! Nope they think that cuz they are big they don't give a fuck

1 - 20 of 20 Posts