Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hard to say, you are going to have to start with the basics......does it have gas? does it smell like unburnt fuel at the exhaust pipe?(meaning you could have a no spark issue). You could pull a plug and see if you have spark. The battery sounds like it is spinning the motor fast enough.

Yep, there is an unburnt fuel smell at the exhaust pipe. I will check the sparks.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Spark, fuel and Air must make it to your cylinder for boom to happen.

NO boom, no go.

The key word is to the cylinder. The last line for the two biggies is fuel, spark.

Injector, plug.

Start there, work backwards. Normally the air filter isn't the issue.

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
I noticed it started up fine before I added STA-BIL fuel stabilizer to the tank. Do you guys think that may have caused the issue?
How much did you add?

·
Registered
522 Posts
I noticed it started up fine before I added STA-BIL fuel stabilizer to the tank. Do you guys think that may have caused the issue?
Not really, depending on how much you used. Pull the plugs and check them with a spark plug tester, or buy 4 new ones and know they are new and good to go. Best to do it with a test though so you can actually see/know that the plugs are actually sparking. While youre there check the fuel lines coming off the tank and follow them making sure they are good to go.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Stabil fuel stabilizer is awesome. I use it, as directed, with ALL of my fuel with NEVER an issue. One oz. per 2.5 gallons is the recommended dose.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
We told you to check if plugs are wet, to see if the gas is going into the engine.It doesn't matter how much gas your tank has(unless it's empty), if your bike doesn't use it...

Got it. I'm headed to get the tools needed to pull the plugs.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Not a battery issue. I used a brand new battery and issue still persist.
You can also rule out a bad battery by jumping from a known good one, including your car. Just don't start the car. It is possible to purchase defective replacement batteries, so a known good car battery takes away that possibility.

·
Registered
12,856 Posts
Dude your camer sucks!

Anyway, crank the engine with the spark plugs off. If youre getting any fuel u should see the mist shooting out of the spark plug holes.

Careful not to touch the spark plug wires tho or u will get a shock.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Dude your camer sucks!

Anyway, crank the engine with the spark plugs off. If youre getting any fuel u should see the mist shooting out of the spark plug holes.

Careful not to touch the spark plug wires tho or u will get a shock.
Lol, yeah I know...my lens is scratched from dropping the phone. I will try my best with your solution. Thanks

21 - 34 of 34 Posts