Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Director of Moderation
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in Assen for the BSB races this weekend. This place is phenomenal, even though it's cold and rained for almost the whole day so far! BSB is also a top-notch organization. Not much different than a MotoGP event as far as well everything is organized here. Makes MotoAmerica look like a cheap club race organization.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Sweet looking track.

Was going to say you made it to Indy and didn't look me up. Thought we were the cathedral of speed.
Air Races in two weeks, AMA motorcycle drags today.

·
Director of Moderation
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep. But that’s Europe. Bikes are big!
No shit, look at the bike parking lot here. And that was just one of the 3 lots I saw for bikes. Might've been even more! I think there were more people that came here via motorcycle or bicycle than cars! lol...and the weather wasn't that great either. So many people wearing full leather suits, the only way to distinguish racers from average joes in the paddock was the racers have sponsor names and their own names on the leathers lol

Attachments

Reactions: mikier6

·
Director of Moderation
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet looking track.

Was going to say you made it to Indy and didn't look me up. Thought we were the cathedral of speed.
Air Races in two weeks, AMA motorcycle drags today.
Nope, Assen has always been known as the cathedral of speed! The oldest track on the GP calendar, and orgs like MotoGP, WSBK, BSB and others have been coming here for a long time. Makes for some fantastic racing too, and today certainly didn't disappoint. I think all the races today were won by less than a second.

·
Director of Moderation
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did the pit walk today and managed to get some signed poster from Hopkins and Byrne. Also walked by Guintoli yesterday morning in the paddock. I'm gonna claim his success from this weekend was because of my aura as I walked by since he had the best weekend of the season so far :devilish

Tried to sneak on the podium for a selfie but was shut down on that by some chick...some day I will get that picture on top of the podium! :BigGrin

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts