Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all, my name is Igor i'am from Alushta, south coust of Crimea. I'am 31 years old, i am made custom sport bike zx6r 98 year from many parts: engine zx600fe 97 year, all other stock from zx6r. I'am have 1 problem with ignition - no spark, but tachometer work well. I'am think that crankshaft sensor work bad, maybe its for difference of years/ electrical sheme from 98 and engine 97 year. Can some help me with my quastion? sorry for my bad eng.:rant

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Yeah dude, keep your head down.... lol

·
Registered
971 Posts
Get much riding in with all the shooting going on over there?

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Welcome, I read that with a badass accent and I felt like you could take on 007.

Anyway, no spark. You say the lights come on then? So, you could have a few issues

-If your coil packs are good, your starter may be bad or fried
-May have missed putting a ground in when you put her together. Follow all the wiring (especially near the battery) and see if you can't find a loose wire/connection.
-After that, make sure your plug wires are good, the plugs themselves are good, and if anything else, replace the coils. That helped with my spark issue on my 96
-Also make sure you have a fresh battery

·
Registered
14,395 Posts
Hi to all, my name is Igor i'am from Alushta, south coust of Crimea. I'am 31 years old, i am made custom sport bike zx6r 98 year from many parts: engine zx600fe 97 year, all other stock from zx6r. I'am have 1 problem with ignition - no spark, but tachometer work well. I'am think that crankshaft sensor work bad, maybe its for difference of years/ electrical sheme from 98 and engine 97 year. Can some help me with my quastion? sorry for my bad eng.:rant
Perhaps you are dealing with the Euro immobilizer? I do not know what year that went into effect....

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Zdrastuite

·
Registered
1,758 Posts

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Welcome, I'm Russian too, you can PM me in Russian if you'd like, but on the forum lets keep it English, Салют! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts