Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening Everyone,

I am the proud new owner of a 2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R. Gone are the days of riding my 2000 Suzuki GSX750F.

Plans are scenic rides, spirited back county later down the road, and commuting / "meets".

The bike "looks' relatively clean, with the really minor road rash in very specific places.

FI light, let us hope that the Servo Buddy solves this.

I am from/ride in New York. If you ride upstate hit me up.

-
TaipanFang

Attachments

·
Skin Flute Master Instructor Level III
6,599 Posts
Upstate is pretty big.

Welcome.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you capitalcrew, do not think I've seen that GSXR up here yet. Hopefully we cross paths.

·
6,599 Posts
Where about in upstate ny are you?

·
6,599 Posts
Ah, well same. If you ever want to hit up nyst let me know. I typically only ride in small groups on the street, like 1-2 other people tops.

Reactions: ZedExMuse

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Welcome, welcome. Nice & clean looking bike. I'm normally not a "flame" sort of bloke, but I like to tie in with the wheels.

Glad to have you with us. Looks like you have all the makings for a nice group ride. If that does materialize do snap a few pix, eh? I have to concur with Capitalcrew, I prefer groups of only 2-4 riders. And I have to know their riding abilities. I'm kind of picky. I've witnessed too many riders going over the edge.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the warm welcome @ZedExMuse,

I was not head over heels on the flames either but it matched my helmet in retrospect and they grew on me. One of a kind in the area it seems.

Yea, I am interests on the smaller side of group rides. 1-2 max for now. Been riding for a "~2 years" but my last bike being carbed and my lack of knowledge meant little time to get out unless weather was perfect so it would start fully choked with gas. I will probably double or triple my riding time in the next two months alone.

What I am going to work on first are low speed cornering/u-turns, blind corner exits that are so popular up here, and emergency braking. (I took MSF, probably go over to the lot and just re-practice)

I don't care for stunting and I don't care to go all MaxWrist and break the sound barrier either.

·
6,599 Posts
Sounds like you'll do alright. If you have notifications set up for when you get PMs from here I can shoot you a message when me and a buddy or two are planning a ride sometime. Cars and coffee is this sunday at 1945 speed and customs and it's a nice show. Weather looks iffy, but it's a good place to hang. I should be there as long as the weather isn't terrible. I'll either have the blue gsxr or a red 76 honda cb360.

Reactions: ZedExMuse

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome @ZedExMuse,

I was not head over heels on the flames either but it matched my helmet in retrospect and they grew on me. One of a kind in the area it seems.

Yea, I am interests on the smaller side of group rides. 1-2 max for now. Been riding for a "~2 years" but my last bike being carbed and my lack of knowledge meant little time to get out unless weather was perfect so it would start fully choked with gas. I will probably double or triple my riding time in the next two months alone.

What I am going to work on first are low speed cornering/u-turns, blind corner exits that are so popular up here, and emergency braking. (I took MSF, probably go over to the lot and just re-practice)

I don't care for stunting and I don't care to go all MaxWrist and break the sound barrier either.

If you're serious about improving yours ridecraft, there is nothing better than doing a track day/race school - even if you have no intention what so ever of actually racing. A track day isn't merely touring a track and burning up petrol. First off there will be experienced riders there acting as tutors/coaches. Sometimes you will follow a coach and 'shadow' their lines. Other times they will follow you for a bit, and then they will pull you off to the edge of the track and discuss your technique/errors/strengths, etc. It's all low key & helpful. And you'll have shed loads of fun. Plus, you'll be exhausted because your brain will be buzzing like a bee. Guaranteed! It's a healthy form of addiction that will not only make you faster/quicker, but will turn you into a vastly safer rider - and that's a win/win situation.

I started racing after a binned a street bike - seemed easy enough to turn it in to a track bike. I continued to step up to evermore serious ambitions on the track. Eventually, I passed over the backside of the bell curve and stopped racing and switched to track days. I still do at least one track day/year. It's a damn good reason for me to tune my bike up; and quite seriously tune me up from dreary winter hiatus.

My insurance company even gives me a wee break for taking a "riding/driving school." It's not enough to pay for the school, but it's better than nothing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@capitalcrew, Sounds great, please keep me in the loop and I turned on my notifications. If weather is good, I will definatly swing by.
@ZedExMuse, If i didn't already need an excuse to get some cheap Chinese fairings I have one now. NYST isn't far, and anything to stay alive longer is well worth the investment.

·
6,599 Posts
If you're interested in NYST and we can make the schedule work for both of us my trailer will hold two bikes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow thank you. Do you do all your bike work yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
6,599 Posts
I do, but I've not had to do anything major really. Luckily.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts