Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I wish, but no x-tre for 13+ models using their compatibility search..... no z-bomb on the bazzaz site either. They're might be a brand i've not yet thought about checking, but I think it's not so much a "development issue" as it is possibly a low demand" product..... Kawasaki stopped producing many low-selling models years ago, It wouldn't surprise me if many aftermarket product manufacturers soon started following suit. What occasionally does surprise me is that for example- rizoma manufactures almost any product for a z1000..... there's plenty available for the top selling zx6r, but almost twice as much available for the z1000. Only thing I don't do myself is mount my tires, the tech I purchase mine from is very reputable and knowledgeable motorcycle-wise (i've followed his manual-less torque feel values- he was spot-on lol). I agreed with his opinion that the later model bikes are even more restricted (EPA buckling down harder more each year). Adding more fuel down low (even by each gear, mostly 1-4) won't make any difference.... just wasting fuel. To autotune effectively on 13+ models 5th gear nets the best results (more stable/consistent afr readings). Either due to excessive timing retard in gears 1-4, or transition from speed density/alpha-n maps.... my guess is a combination of both. People have commented they think it's traction control causing slight power loss they're feeling..... but engine braking is somewhat weak in 5th and 6th gear, strong in 1st through 4th no matter how perfect you rev match. If anyone knows a tre available for 13+ models please post the link I'd be very grateful and I apologize for hijacking this thread no disrespect intended. 🤓

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I wish, but no x-tre for 13+ models using their compatibility search..... no z-bomb on the bazzaz site either. They're might be a brand i've not yet thought about checking, but I think it's not so much a "development issue" as it is possibly a low demand" product..... Kawasaki stopped producing many low-selling models years ago, It wouldn't surprise me if many aftermarket product manufacturers soon started following suit. What occasionally does surprise me is that for example- rizoma manufactures almost any product for a z1000..... there's plenty available for the top selling zx6r, but almost twice as much available for the z1000. Only thing I don't do myself is mount my tires, the tech I purchase mine from is very reputable and knowledgeable motorcycle-wise (i've followed his manual-less torque feel values- he was spot-on lol). I agreed with his opinion that the later model bikes are even more restricted (EPA buckling down harder more each year). Adding more fuel down low (even by each gear, mostly 1-4) won't make any difference.... just wasting fuel. To autotune effectively on 13+ models 5th gear nets the best results (more stable/consistent afr readings). Either due to excessive timing retard in gears 1-4, or transition from speed density/alpha-n maps.... my guess is a combination of both. People have commented they think it's traction control causing slight power loss they're feeling..... but engine braking is somewhat weak in 5th and 6th gear, strong in 1st through 4th no matter how perfect you rev match. If anyone knows a tre available for 13+ models please post the link I'd be very grateful and I apologize for hijacking this thread no disrespect intended. 🤓

https://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/gipro/gpat/

They combined the gear indicator with the TRE. I put in 2013 zx6r kawi and that's the TRE that comes up
no worries you're not hijacking bro lol
Im in the same boat I do my own work except for mounting tires as well. Going down the timing and AFR rabbit hole on this bike is going to be fun lol:devious

·
Registered
94 Posts
......and somehow I never noticed that, and until you pointed it out I doubt I ever would've. 😕😂definitely need to work some overtime now.....wonder if I'd be wise to remap for the advanced mode running higher octane than recommended?

Still can't believe I never noticed that. 🤔

1 - 8 of 8 Posts