Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

Im the proud new owner of a candy thunder blue ninja, 636-2004. Actually its my first bike, just got me the license at 10/10-06 :)

Sadly I dont have digital camera, so I can post a couple of pics of it, but I'll try my best, so I can document the beast, hehe. Anywho, my first project will be to fix the headlights on it - it looks damn ugly that only 1 of the front headlights is on when using the low-beam, during daylight (here in Denmark, you need to have the light turned on always, otherwise you can get a fine!). I want to have both low-beam and high-beam in both 'eyes' of the bike - preferrably some kind of blue-light kit, to match the colour scheme of the bike. Maybe even xenon kit, havent decided about normal vs. xenon yet, it also depends on the price vs. the look.

Does anybody in here have any experience in this matter? Im asking because Im kinda really a newbie, have never disassembled anything more than the seats, to get the battery out. Also I have no idea whether it just takes some new lamps, or something way bigger :confused - Help is very appreciated...

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Welcome! Excellent choice in bike ;)

My friend did this on his 04. He did a write up on Kawiforums but I think the extra heat burnt the wires after a while. He sold the bike so I don't know if he fixed it, I never asked. The thread is here.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Welcome and I have heard good things about that mod if you do it right good luck and keep us posted

·
Registered
46 Posts
Its a pretty easy Mod.

This is the wiring diagram:

and this is the end result on an 05 636:

Required: some 15 amp wire (I used red and blue to keep it simple), 2X H4 globe holders, a latching relay and I used 2 xenon H4 globes.

Result: both light work on low beam and high beam, the other method is to leave the high beam on all the time and change the globe to the same as your low beam, but this means you won't have any high beam.

The hardest bit was that you have to "cut down" the base of the H4 globe to fit in the H3 socket on the bike. Like this:

and finished it looks like this:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts