Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys..i have a 2010 zx 6r and i have a problem with my headlight not powering at times even on high beam and at times working, but all the others are okay. I've checked
1:charging system okay
2:all fuses okay
3:relay box okay
4:battery voltage okay
5:bulbs okay

what else could possibly make it to go on and off unexpectedly?

·
Registered
14,016 Posts
loose or dirty connections in your wiring harness. Ground wires to the frame in particular. Get any corrosion off any connection you can find, so bright shiny metal is in contact.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
loose or dirty connections in your wiring harness. Ground wires to the frame in particular. Get any corrosion off any connection you can find, so bright shiny metal is in contact.
Also intermittent charging issue as the Headlight relay is triggered from charging voltage.
Dodgy Relay itself.
See attached for lighting circuit.
Where can i locate it on the frame ?

·
Registered
14,016 Posts
OP,

How do you know the charging system is okay? What are your measured numbers, per the troubleshooting tables?

R/R resistance, Stator resistance, Stator output (AC Volts, idle speed, and at >3K RPM), R/R output (DC volts, idle speed, and at > 3K RPM).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tested everything and just realised that one wire of the connecting to the regulator from the stator coil had cut in the middle and it had an open circuit resulting to a burnt coil

But i replaced both the coil and the regulator and the bike is fine ...thanks to all you guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts