Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 ZX6R 636 KRT EDITION. I noticed my high beam light went out, but didn’t pay no attention too it and rode it for the next 2 days. Went to get on the bike 3 days later and now I had no headlights, but still hade the little marker lights working. And everything else still working. So I went to the fuse box and seen the headlight fuse was popped. Took it out and put the spare in. Turned the bike on. (Just power no ignition) still no lights. As soon and I crank the ignition the headlight fuse immediately popped. Tryed it again and same thing... any ideas

·
Registered
14,145 Posts
Albert Einstein said that repeating the same steps over and over again expecting different results, was the definition of insanity....

Clearly something to do with the headlights is wrong. This is a short circuit, which is allowing too much current to flow.

1) do you have OEM headlights?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Albert Einstein said that repeating the same steps over and over again expecting different results, was the definition of insanity....

Clearly something to do with the headlights is wrong. This is a short circuit, which is allowing too much current to flow.

1) do you have OEM headlights?
YES I still have the stock headlights. I’ve never messed with the headlights at all, never even changed a bulb

·
Registered
178 Posts
Try unplugging the headlight Bulbs, Replacing the Fuse and starting the Bike.
If the Fuse remains ok then it could be a Bulb has shorted internally..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts