Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was working on figuring out why my headlights cut off and in the midst of that my gas tank fell off the bike and disconnected some line that goes to the gas tank and I have no idea how to fix it or what it’s called to even explain to a mechanic. I can’t start the bike now and I also have no headlights still!
Hand Guitar accessory Finger Bag Musical instrument accessory

·
Registered
10,741 Posts
Yeah if u push the wires back into the plug they will most likely hold. Then wrap the wires and plug in electrical tape to make sure they dont slide out from vibrations.
Just make sure u put each colored wire into its correct slot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you!! I was wondering if so but I left it alone until I made sure, I will try again after work today. Happen to know anything about making the headlights come back on? I tried cleaning the Plug…

·
Registered
10,741 Posts
Thank you!! I was wondering if so but I left it alone until I made sure, I will try again after work today. Happen to know anything about making the headlights come back on? I tried cleaning the Plug…
Could be many things. Do u have halogens or HID’s? Did they cut off while u were riding? Does high beam work? Are the fuses good?

I would just focus on getting the fuel pump working first though.

·
Registered
9,745 Posts
Check grounds. Get a manual I’m manuals section and check ground. I can tell which wire it is later. You should be able to easily find. Wiring diagram super easy to read.

Multimeter test. Each headlight has two wires. The same color wires for each side are ground. Back probe or unplug and test directly. Should have continuity with neg battery terminal or any spot on engine with an ohm test.

The following should be able to be tested with dc volt test and multimeter probes on the two sides of plug. Either + or - 12v. The other wire on low side should have 12v when bike is started, or once it’s started and killed with kick stand but key is still in one positions. The other wire on high side should get 12v when hi beam turned on. Don’t think bike has to be started, just key on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts