Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally have finished wrapping my headers after 4 days and 60 feet of exhaust wrap.... hopefully it will keep that bike runnin a little cooler.

now i just get to put the fairings back on...................................:banghead

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Nicely wrapped. I could use you a my house during Xmas.

·
Registered
764 Posts
keep in mind that header wrap will also keep your exhaust temps hotter and also trap moisture which will rot your header.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
took four days cause i have school and work... so i was only able to get like an hour each night before i passed out... not necessarily overheating but it does run pretty warm when im at a light and since i'm city driving its pretty often. pretty regularly hits 220+

·
Registered
553 Posts
I've thought about doing that to my bike, I just never stop riding it long enough to work on it that much.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I don't think it'll make the bike "run" cooler. But it'll sure cut down any radiant heat stemming from the pipes...

·
Registered
956 Posts
What the hell is that big can under your Oil pan??? Oh wait that's a useless piece of crap clogging your exhaust flow... Oh that's right bike emit so much crap into the air.. I forgot.. :coocoo

Mine is gone! :devious

·
Registered
316 Posts
IMO this is going to cause the bike to run hotter.The cut out's in the fairing are there to aid heat loss and help with the cooling,wrapping the pipes will stop any heat from escaping while standing at lights etc, wont it ?

But then again I may be wrong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts