Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, have a question. today i was installing a battery tender on my 2013 zx6r. i took off the seat and under its seat some part with a moving like arm that moves back and fourth when i turn the ignition on, right next to it are 2 cables that would connect right to it, one on each side. they are NOT connected to it, their just zip tied next to it. is that how its suppose to be? the bike is band new, i just went in for 600 mile service. runs fine just seems like they should be hooked up to it. any help would be greatly appreciated. please see pics attachment

Attachments

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
That sounds to me like the exhaust servo and if you have the standard exhaust on you're right, they should be attached.

Reactions: Tcizzle

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Ah, they used to attach to a valve on the standard exhaust to adjust the back pressure, but now you've changed the exhaust they're not needed. If you remove the lot you need to buy a servo buddy or you'll get an FI code, so tieing up the wires out of the way is an easy fix. It's fine as it is pal. Look into buying a servo buddy if you want to remove all the junk. They're not expensive

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
No problem. That's the quick and easy way to do it. Like I said, get a servo buddy if you want to ditch the crap but if you don't care, it's all sorted.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Ah, they used to attach to a valve on the standard exhaust to adjust the back pressure, but now you've changed the exhaust they're not needed. If you remove the lot you need to buy a servo buddy or you'll get an FI code, so tieing up the wires out of the way is an easy fix. It's fine as it is pal. Look into buying a servo buddy if you want to remove all the junk. They're not expensive
Not entirely true. You can take the cables off no problem. They're literally not doing anything so I would just remove them.

If you remove the actual servo, then yes, you'll get an FI code.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Ah, they used to attach to a valve on the standard exhaust to adjust the back pressure, now you've changed the exhaust they're not needed. If you remove the lot you need to buy a servo buddy or you'll get an FI code, so tieing up the wires out of the way is an easy fix. It's fine as it is pal. Look into buying a servo buddy if you want to remove all the junk. They're not expensive

Not entirely true. You can take the cables off no problem. They're literally not doing anything so I would just remove them.

If you remove the actual servo, then yes, you'll get an FI code.
That was implied mate, let's not split hairs. It's pretty obvious removing the cables tied to his frame wouldn't throw a code

1 - 10 of 10 Posts