Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bicycle part Font Auto part Tool Household hardware

A friend mentioned them a while back when I said I was crazy buying a sports bike when I use it for pleasure and days out. Don’t get me wrong it can still be done but I’m more into comfort than getting the knee down. I just love the bike enough to put up with the aggressive seating position.

However, if these are fairly easy to install and make a bit of a difference I’m game!

·
Registered
509 Posts
How do those work? The risers I've seen do not look anything like those pieces. If they sit under the clip on like it looks to me they won't do anything for the riding position because you have to drop the triples by the same amount as the spacers to get the clip ons mounted and nothing will have changed except the seat will be rotated forward a touch.

Mark

·
Registered
731 Posts
A few years ago I looked into it for my 2014 ZX6R. Since it was ABS the brake line were the difficult part. I had a pair on my 2012 CBR600RR, they were nice but didn’t raise it that much. If you look at the bars they slope down and back. If they are more straight out an level that alone will give an inch or so rise. Been a while and I don’t have that bike and haven't seen my current bike for a month So my memory may be fuzzy. On the CBR the issue was the fairing and windscreen. Too much rise and the bars would hit When they were turned all the way.

I wound up just leaving it stock and it was fine but I never rode over 600 miles in a day and generally a long day was 300 to 350 miles. I was 64 when I traded it for a sport touring bike. I still miss that bike! I still think 600s are some of the most fun bike around. More than enough power to have lots of fun on the street. Light enough to handle great - IMOP the best combination out there. Every now and again I think about buying one and throwing a pair of textile side bags on it with a duffle on the back seat and going touring.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I know I’m late but I’m of a slightly different opinion. Now granted my 2021 ZX6R is different than yours but I found it fairly easy to install. One key difference between myself and PhotoAI is that mine does not have ABS, so I didn’t have to worry about that. Took some time installing, absolutely, but I’m also someone who enjoys the pleasure of modifying my stuff occasionally.

I bought some of the Woodcraft 3” clip-ons and they come with instructions but didn’t need them. The made a world of difference up 2” on the riding position for me as I’m 6’2 but have a 79” wingspan. Took a lot of pressure off my wrists and shoulders. I also lowered my foot pegs too since I do mostly commuting and touring since I bought it a few months back. Everyone has their riding style and loves the aesthetic of their bike so don’t feel like you have to justify having your ZX6R over a Goldwing or something just bc you don’t take it to the track or fanboy the knee drags 😂 it’s your bike and you do with it what you will!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts